• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WORLD OF WARCRAFT expansion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

The Italian game magazine had an expansion preview and this is what was written:

New territory: Outland.

New instance: Karazhan, a 5-man instance in Deadwind Pass.

Level cap raised to lvl 70, just as written on the cover.

New profession: Jewelcrafting, gives ability to craft gems, to be used on armor and weapons, similar to enchanting.

Two new races:

Blood Elves for the Horde (yes, I'm sorry, the screens are true). Alliance race still unknown.

Atmospheric effects:

Rain and snow added to the world.

The Expansion Set is scheduled to be released due May 2006.

Thanks to silkfire on the forums for the information. TGM removed their cover image and all information from what we could tell a day or two after it had been published on their online website.

I have more info!!! It's quite trustable.

Blood Elves will have a new starting zone north of Eastern Plaguelands and a new dungeon will be included.

The racial trait of the Blood Elves will be a "Mana Tap" to slowly leech the mana of the target (it will be applicable more than once like the Sunder Armor) and that will then directly load the second trait: "Arcane Torment (or Torrent)" which will work like an area silence.

Battlegrounds shared between servers.

No hero classes.

Alliance arce will NOT be showcased at BlizzCon.

Outland will come, Illidan as well.

Even more news

The Blood Elves will be Mages, Warlocks and Warriors but it's undecided if either hunters or rogues.

Their starting zone will be Quel'Thalas (what is left), north of the Eastern Plaguelands and with a three-zones valley inbetween (Eversong Woods with the capital Silvermoon, Ghostland and a troll themed zone called Zul'Aman).

About the live content, the opening of Silithus will be introduced by a live event that will require the collaboration of everyone and that will only happen once for each server. Behind the gates there will be a open zone tailored for 20 players (defined by Blizzard "casual hardcore" with a temple at the center with an instance that will be the biggest to date (two-three times Molten Core). The players will also get access to special mounts (insects) that will be only usable in the dungeon.

The Outlands will be divided into differently themed regions (like the rock valleys of the Hellfire Peninsula and the luxuriant forests of Zanga Marsh, part of what is left of Dreanor). While within Shadowmoon Valley there will be the Black Temple with the Illidian as boss.

The flying mount will be for level 70 players and after an epic quest chain. But only usable in the Outlands (floating isles).

No new engine changes or features. The Blood Elves models seem to use 20% more polygons. Blizzard is also experimenting with Specular Environmental Mapping.

The atmospherical effects should arrive soon as a live patch.

Also, by the time the expansion is out, the Battlegrounds should be finally linked between the servers to kill the queues.

more info here http://www.wowguru.com/the-burning-crusade.php

This is what was causing all the hype about wether or not there could be a Diablo 3 due to them asking for people for the developing department. Alot of websites said it could D3 but I somehow new it was going to be some for WoW alot of people are angry then again alot are happy as well.

Zatrix said:
world of warcraft is so much better than diablo

it takes all the greatness of diablo and combines it with new school stuff like everquest and you have a great game like wow.

Hmm, you have a point there that I never thought off..... But I still want my Diablo stuff back, even if it does end up as an MMO, so far Blizzard has done well. Its just the Fans that bug the hell out of me. Not saying that you guys are bad, but there are some certian ones I know...... Yeah.

Right now I am taking my first try at MMO's with City of Hero's and I am enjoying it, but I want an item economy and that doesnt have it. So I might keep looking.

Oooh, I was hoping for D3. I guess WoW is good too but I just can't get enough of the Diablo story. Is Tyreal bad, good, or working for himself? Have we truly seen the last of the prime evils? How will Baal's stone be shattered?

z0n3 said:
Oooh, I was hoping for D3. I guess WoW is good too but I just can't get enough of the Diablo story. Is Tyreal bad, good, or working for himself? Have we truly seen the last of the prime evils? How will Baal's stone be shattered?

Hell besides all that, the worldstone is broken! And Heaven and Hell now have free reign of the freeworld.

if this is right, and may '06 is the date, and that is pretty much what you get after a year and a half that sucks. the game already gets old rather quick and is relatively too simple.

Banyan said:
if this is right, and may '06 is the date, and that is pretty much what you get after a year and a half that sucks. the game already gets old rather quick and is relatively too simple.

Of course, they aren't going to give away everything thats in the patch. Devs never give away comprehensive lists for up coming products. There have to be some surprizes and they will want to trickly out info uptil release date to keep peoples attention.

People do get the update content too, so you can add that to the list if you are still disapointed. Players have gotten that in the last year+.

Back