• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those probably use the Samsung 2-2-2-5 but they stick. It can barely keep the times at slightly higher FSB.

3200EB is said to be OC about the same as the 3500EB. However there is a big difference from 3200EB to 3700EB.

EB is better than EL. The EB is the next best thing to BH-5 even though the timing is slightly looser, they respond to voltage.

SilverJag said:
Most say EB is better but using my own limited logic, if you own an AMD system, low latency will help u better.

EDIT

In memory, the higer the voltage the better or the lower the better?

There's not much difference between CAS 2-2-2-5 VS CAS 2.5-2-2-5 itself but the module has somewhat to do with it.

SilverJag said:
What do you recomend? the corsair XL or ocz EB?

It depends on your goal. The Samsung IC was only designed to run 2-2-2 at stock. The 3500EB would be better but the 3200EB OC about the same and it keeps it's times well at higher speeds than the XL;)

OCZ would know better what OCZ memory would perform best for your system.

Ya thanks for the help noteuser, i should just talk to OCZ. But if you say 3200EB OC's just as good as 3500EB, hey it's saving $35.

It appears it's just an Nforce chipset thing but I don't beleive it exist for Intel users.

NoteUser said:
It appears it's just an Nforce chipset thing but I don't beleive it exist for Intel users.

That is correct, it is an "nForce chipset thing", but if you notice, Silverjag, the guy that started the thread and to whom you were giving advice, uses an nForce2 chipset based Abit NF7 board, not an Intel rig. He needs advice based on that chipset, not on what does or doesn't work on an Intel rig.

There are ways to populate the three slots in an nForce2 board and still be able to access all your ram in dual-channel mode.

For the sake of not repeating and retyping stuff over and over, see the thread recently started by jlin453 on this topic.

Last edited:
Back