• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would like to make a 12/7v switch for fan bay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FishDog3

I want to make a fan bay to stick in my 5.25 drive bay. The Idea that I have is to put togeather a fan bus that can turn down the fan volts to limit noise.

I am pondering over doing this with rheostats (full range of controll), 7v mod (not really effective for what I need, because I want to be able to switch the fans down to low voltages while the system is not loaded up, and bump them back to 12v when I game and fold), another think I was thinking about was if it is possable to make a switch that changed the voltages going to the fans (off = 7v, on = 12v) or better yet a rotating switch that had several diffrent voltage settings.

I want to get a Digi doc 5, but since it only turns the fans on and off it will not fully suit my needs, but I might buy it just for the temp probes.

If you have any good ideas or anything let me know.

Back