• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would this fan be loud?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It depends on what you consider loud. A lot of people don't think a 40 dBA fan is loud. Some people, like me, can't stand using fans over 25 dBA.

Your choice. That fan for your case is cheap, but relatively quiet.

I prefer to use Panaflo L1A fans for my case and for the heatsink, if I can get away with it. They are only 21 dBA, with 24 CFM. Pretty low airflow, but if you plan things right, you can get a really quiet system with them. (The SLK-800 with a Panaflo L1A outperforms any heatsink I have ever used!)

well this is my first computer so i dont really have any fans to compare it to. im thinking about buying the sunon. would the ystech be worth the extra 4dba?

If you are willing to spend $10 more, get the SLK-800. It is a better heatsink and has much better mounting than the SK-7. The SK-7 is a pain in the butt.

Between those two fans you mentioned, I would choose the Sunon. 39 CFM is enough. I'm cooling a T-bred A 1700 @ 1.999 GHz @ 1.85 Vcore with a 39.5 CFM fan.

i thought both heatsinks had the same mounting ,but the sk7 was just smaller. i dont really have any extra money because im on a tight budget but if its necessary i can get 10 more dollars.

EDIT : forgot there's stepping on the SK-7 to accommodate 80mm fan.... sorry.

Nevertheless, the SLK800 can probably deliver the same temps as the SK-7 but using a quieter fan. :)

Last edited:
Back