• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would this TEC setup be worth it, or would it just overheat my gpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperClocks

Today is the big day... is my CPU TEC going to overheat my gpu???

Well, I decided recently that I want sub zero temps, but I didn't want to pay the hefty price for phase change. So I bought a second PSU, a 245w TEC (320w @ 50C), I upgraded my liquid cooling system, and my hot/cold plates are coming today. I want the extra juice from my CPU, but I don't want to overheat my gpu in the process. I have absolutely no experience with TEC's, but I'm sure that some of you do. Here's my setup...

754 pin Athlon 64 @ 2.7GHz (1.76v) w/ Thermaltake 208 waterblock
DFI NF4X Infinity motherboard w/ Thermaltake chipset cooler
2GB Patriot DDR PC3200 (2-3-2-5)
7900gt @ 725/1650 (1.55v) w/ Thermaltake 208 waterblock
2X RP550-2 PSU's
700gph Danner mag drive pump
Custom 8 pass copper/aluminum radiator with four 120mm 152cfm Delta fans

Do you think that this would work without overheating my gpu? I'm not willing to lower my GPU clock below 725MHz...

Last edited:
I seriously doubt a Thermaltake kit can take the heat generated by a 245w TEC, only way to find out though is to just try it. Monitor temps for the first few hours.

Good Luck.

Clockwork_Apple said:
I seriously doubt a Thermaltake kit can take the heat generated by a 245w TEC, only way to find out though is to just try it. Monitor temps for the first few hours.

Good Luck.
My CPU and GPU temps stay in the low to mid 40's under full load, and that's with heavy overclocks and the fans running on 5v. If my waterblocks are your only concern, then I shouldn't have anything to worry about :) I guess that i'll just hook everything up and try it out for a few hours with my pc off. I'm just waiting on UPS at this point... Does anyone else have any input?

Last edited:
Back