• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would this work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RE91

Hello!

I am new here and came here to ask help, as i am building my friend a cheap-*** lowbudget computer for basic use (Facebook games, In The Groove, Basic web surfing, photoshopping)

I don't know how much it would eat power and is that graphic card even needed this system.

Here is the system specs i am planning to put in.
AsRock*H81M-ITX, LGA1150, Intel H81, DDR3, mITX
Intel*Pentium G3220, LGA1150, 3 GHz, 3MB, Boxed
Kingston*120GB HyperX 3K SSD, SATA III, 2.5", 555/510 MB/s, Stand-alone
Kingston*HyperX 4GB, DDR3 1600MHz, CL9
Asus*HD7750 PCIE 1GB DDR5 128-BIT 2X DVI
Shuttle XPC PSU, 300W, 80PLUS BRONZE

And should i get some kind of Special cooling for this?

Would 300W PSU be enough for this system?

And i am guessing this PSU is XPC but i am not quite sure.
Here is the chase i am going to use. Ignore those parts, they are history already.
hn83.jpg

Whats the budget?
Do you live near a Microcenter?
I would do a AMD Apu setup and ditch the Gpu. For the needs described the AMD APU will be tough to beat.

Whats the budget?
Do you live near a Microcenter?
I would do a AMD Apu setup and ditch the Gpu. For the needs described the AMD APU will be tough to beat.

Her budget is as cheap as possible :D
My first plan was to put AMD Apu, but isn't this more upgradable if needed in future?

Current Price for PC=470,70€ and she wants it build into that "Cute box" aka Mini-ITX chase :D
IT would be cheaper with ATX PSU but i don't think it can fit without modding that chase.

Her budget is as cheap as possible :D
My first plan was to put AMD Apu, but isn't this more upgradable if needed in future?

Current Price for PC=470,70€ and she wants it build into that "Cute box" aka Mini-ITX chase :D
IT would be cheaper with ATX PSU but i don't think it can fit without modding that chase.

It's always tough then building on a budget to try and look forward, to see if there can be an upgrade path.

I'm looking at it like this, get the best setup you can now that fits into the budget. Using the integrated GPU the AMD APU will outperform the Intel setup. Do you have a place you are planning on shopping at? I'll try to put something together that fits the case and budget when i get a chance.

It's always tough then building on a budget to try and look forward, to see if there can be an upgrade path.

I'm looking at it like this, get the best setup you can now that fits into the budget. Using the integrated GPU the AMD APU will outperform the Intel setup. Do you have a place you are planning on shopping at? I'll try to put something together that fits the case and budget when i get a chance.

Mostly i use http://www.jimms.fi/ Its in Finnish, But this will work out too
http://www.multitronic.fi/index.php?setlang=en

Here is just the basics, motherboard, APU and ram for 252.00. A 300w PSU will be plenty as far as the other components just add what fits the budget. You don't need an aftermarket heatsink unless you plan on overclocking, just make sure there is good airflow through the case and it will be fine.
Capture.PNG

Here is just the basics, motherboard, APU and ram for 252.00. A 300w PSU will be plenty as far as the other components just add what fits the budget. You don't need an aftermarket heatsink unless you plan on overclocking, just make sure there is good airflow through the case and it will be fine.
View attachment 138572

Is that FM2 compatible with FM2+ motherboard. Last time i checked from wikipedia, it says that FM2+ has different pins than regular FM2 :-/

Back