• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF Abit IC7-G MAX 3!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope Prescott compatibility will not be as big of an issue at first if they keep the 13nm design. Might be kind of hot, but maybe it will work with existing 875 & 865 boards.

Citation4444 said:
Newegg has it listed for the first time today.

Heh! Just bought mine too. I canceled my order with gameVE and bought it from newegg. I have had my order in with gameVE for 2 weeks now and they keep pushing the shipping date back. First it was gonna ship on the 21st...then it became the 28th....now its the first week of Sept. My order with Newegg will ship today...with free FedEx saver shipping. It will be at my house on Mon.!!!!!!

krag said:

Heh! Just bought mine too. I canceled my order with gameVE and bought it from newegg. I have had my order in with gameVE for 2 weeks now and they keep pushing the shipping date back. First it was gonna ship on the 21st...then it became the 28th....now its the first week of Sept. My order with Newegg will ship today...with free FedEx saver shipping. It will be at my house on Mon.!!!!!!

time to pump that memory some juice.

I say you'll get DDR600 out of 3.1vdimm.

good luck krag

mica

Hey Krag... Do you think I should cancel my order from gameve? If so, how did you do it? Like did you call them or e-mail them or somin. Thanks!

cheba63 said:
Hey Krag... Do you think I should cancel my order from gameve? If so, how did you do it? Like did you call them or e-mail them or somin. Thanks!

Cancel it!!!!! Or you'll be waiting another week or so. I just called them up and said CANCEL IT!!!!! Heh!! My mobo has already shipped!! WWAAAAAHHHHoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Mica....my cpu is maxed out on 1:1 @262fsb and I have reached 4:5 @262 so with this chip there is no way for me to get to DDR600. Unless.....I buy another chip (2.6c) mmmuuahhhahahahahaahhah!!!!:attn:

Thanks fot the help...I will just wait cuz I guess I aint in any rush cuz I still need to get a 2.8c cuz I only have a 2.4B :(

Here is some sweet close ups of the OTES on the Max 3. It looks like there are some fetsinks on some of the mosfets in one pic but in another there seems to be some without. Those look like aluminum fetsinks in the square holes ontop of the OTES cooler. I bought some little microcool sinks to put on the mosfets incase it doesn't have any. This board should keep me happy until Q1 2004 or till the next Prescott mobo comes out.

krag said:

Cancel it!!!!! Or you'll be waiting another week or so. I just called them up and said CANCEL IT!!!!! Heh!! My mobo has already shipped!! WWAAAAAHHHHoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Mica....my cpu is maxed out on 1:1 @262fsb and I have reached 4:5 @262 so with this chip there is no way for me to get to DDR600. Unless.....I buy another chip (2.6c) mmmuuahhhahahahahaahhah!!!!:attn:

keep me in mind if your thinking of selling that 3.0c

mica

It doesn't have one as most computers these days hook up to non-legacy devices. If you want a parallel port, you need to get a parallel port PCI card.

Word to the wise---

Don't bother with one, just get a new printer.

cheba63 said:
What the... Why doesn't it have one? And how do you plug it in if their aint no port?

Well , same as the original IT7 (legacy free) everything is base on connections by USB ports only . If you have an older piece of hardware that is serial , PS2 , or parallel port based then you would have to go out and purchase a seperate PCI based add-on card consisting of what ever port you would require .

stereo555

This cinches it for me, I'll not be buying a Max 3. As an original owner of a IT7E (the original legacy-free board), I can't begin to tell you how often the lack of these legacy ports has caused me problems over the last year or so. Even if I don't use them, I think it's false economy to leave them out.
I think I'll be buying the DFI LanParty 675Pro or the DFI Infinity or the Asus P4C800E, one of the three - I just don't know which yet. I only know it won't be a Max3

Citation4444 said:
This cinches it for me, I'll not be buying a Max 3. As an original owner of a IT7E (the original legacy-free board), I can't begin to tell you how often the lack of these legacy ports has caused me problems over the last year or so. Even if I don't use them, I think it's false economy to leave them out.
I think I'll be buying the DFI LanParty 675Pro or the DFI Infinity or the Asus P4C800E, one of the three - I just don't know which yet. I only know it won't be a Max3

I dont' think it's economy--they just don't have any more SPACE on that backplate for a parallel port. And who needs one anyway? All printers made in the last 2-3 years have USB and parallel ports. If you have anything older it's time for an upgrade anyhow.

cursor said:
It doesn't have one as most computers these days hook up to non-legacy devices. If you want a parallel port, you need to get a parallel port PCI card.

Word to the wise---

Don't bother with one, just get a new printer.

I would never use a keyboard that was not Ps2. USB goes awol more often than not when you need it most. I wouldnt buy a mobo without PS2 if it was free, which most definitely the Ic7 is not.

AMD_Me said:

I would never use a keyboard that was not Ps2. USB goes awol more often than not when you need it most. I wouldnt buy a mobo without PS2 if it was free, which most definitely the Ic7 is not.

???

What are you talking about? It doesn't have a parallel, but it most definately DOES have PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports--

Tale a look :eek:

13-127-158-01.JPG

This image is from newegg.

Back