• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTH? Real Di-lythium crystals from Star Trek show

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is there any way of actually knowing if these were used on the show? Other than the cheesy looking CoA.

However, I believe this is getting well off topic from the OP. and any further discussion of Black Market Economics will need to be discussed in a different setting.

Agreed. We're just exploring the topic academically, so it's fine in the context of how we were discussing it... although it really would belong in the general discussion area... :beer:

Anybody actually got a warp reactor? Kinda like buying gasoline when you don't have a car.

Keep it away from me. Sounds like a good way to get anal probed by some aliens in a broke down ship, whose scans detected your dilithium from orbit. Who wants to go through that again?

the asking price for something actually used on show is a bit low. i wouldn't trust this one.

If anything here is wrong, please don't hate. Not really a Star Trek fan. The picture on the auction from the show, looks to be from somewhere around the first incarnation of the show, which was aired, what, early 70's? If in ~35 years, these items have only gone up in value to be sold for $19.99 on eBay, I don't see them being an investment turning into something worth any more than that, even in the next 35 years. Seems cool if you're a fan and want a prop from the show, but I just don't see these going up in value.

I just thought it was cool, sorry if anyone was offended at my apparent stupidity.

Anybody actually got a warp reactor? Kinda like buying gasoline when you don't have a car.

Keep it away from me. Sounds like a good way to get anal probed by some aliens in a broke down ship, whose scans detected your dilithium from orbit. Who wants to go through that again?

That is funny! Sounds like a statement from experience..LOL!

If anything here is wrong, please don't hate. Not really a Star Trek fan. The picture on the auction from the show, looks to be from somewhere around the first incarnation of the show, which was aired, what, early 70's? If in ~35 years, these items have only gone up in value to be sold for $19.99 on eBay, I don't see them being an investment turning into something worth any more than that, even in the next 35 years. Seems cool if you're a fan and want a prop from the show, but I just don't see these going up in value.

That's the point. People here want them because they're an item from a favorite show.

This may shock you, but not all collectors collect just to resell in the future.

Aaw don't feel bad kragy-poo. Even if genuine these are just a collectible type of item and certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

Exactly, seems that there have been more than one person here that thought I was going to retire on this. :confused:

Back