• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X2 3800+ In Stock at Newegg $405

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But if you live in Ca ZZF costs 298 out the door, while Monarch is 296.00 out the door. And this may seem silly, but I would always rather give a vendor a little more money than pay more taxes if the cost is similar.

Travis Dawes said:
But if you live in Ca ZZF costs 298 out the door, while Monarch is 296.00 out the door. And this may seem silly, but I would always rather give a vendor a little more money than pay more taxes if the cost is similar.

When i pay a tad more to go with NewEgg.com i pay for the service. I can rest assured they won't sit on my order for 2-3 days like Monarch has done to me time and time again. I consider the extra few bucks money i spend on shipping. When i can get something the next day with a little extra tax that far outweighs the serrvice provided by any other E-tailer. Call me crazy, but i hate waiting a week for something that should come within 2-3 days :shrug:

I'm glad I live in NY :D..... from where I live ZZF seems to be the best deal. That's where I got my 3700+. Not the best chip in the world but I've seen some San Diegos that are worse.

HousERaT said:
I'm glad I live in NY :D..... from where I live ZZF seems to be the best deal. That's where I got my 3700+. Not the best chip in the world but I've seen some San Diegos that are worse.

I'll gladly pay tax to live in the worlds finest city (that's our slogen), San Diego, CA :)

New York is nice, but who wants muggy weather in the summer and cold weather in the winter when they can have 75F year round ;)

Hey_Its_Cole said:
I would do exactly what they are doing if it was my company, but from a consumer point of view, i hate it and they have lost a lot of my money. Still the best online seller in my opinion, and i order from them more than anyone. I just miss the old egg.

Theyve only gone up in the Processors and anything processor based really. My OCZ was still the cheapest at newegg(4 weeks ago) and my G.SKill was cheapest at newegg (this week). But I havnt seen a cheap Proc there in a while. HDD, DVDRW, Monitors(especially), are all cheap at newegg. I geuss I have to admit I blew up for the wrong reason, processors arent cheap for them either, even in a 2000unit shipment, they still pay 900+ a piece for the fx-57(probably more like $1000). They do have amazingly cheap monitors in my opinion, allways have and hopefully always will.

ShadowClock59 said:
I agree totally. I was shopping around for an SD 4000, at newegg it was 474.00 plus 2.99shipped (all usd). ZipZoomFly.com has it for $380 shipped with free second day air!!! Newegg used to be my only choice, they were always the cheapest, now their prices are starting to look like CirCuitCity and BestBuy prices, which is a load of crap! No wonder everything is still in stock at the egg, no ones wanting to buy from them anymore.

My XP-90 was 31 dollars at sidewinder, its 52 at newegg.

edit

Let me back my statement up with this:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80724-5

I have been a long time buyer at ZZF back when they had another name which eludes me right now. Overall their prices are better imho with free 2nd day via Fedex.

I am waiting till after the 12 Aug then grabbing a 3800+ dual core :)

Maybe if everyone that has posted in this thread would email newegg and tell them nicely, "Hey, just thought Id warn you that your probably losing a considerable number of customers due to your processor pricing, you San Diego 4000+ is 100 dollars more than your 2 biggest competitors, just thought you should know".

As much as I think that that would not work at all, its worth a try :shrug: .

Sucka: Its so strange not to notice you on the threads anymore, I read all of your posts before I realized it was you, YOU GOT A NEW AVATAR!! :rolleyes:

ShadowClock59 said:
Sucka: Its so strange not to notice you on the threads anymore, I read all of your posts before I realized it was you, YOU GOT A NEW AVATAR!! :rolleyes:

lol......so now i'm just some noob posting nonsense, but before i knew what i was talking about because of the avatar :)

jk :p

Vulcan said:
I used to shop exclusivly at newegg. recently I've branched out to ewiz and mwave as well. Neither have disapointed me so far. They ship on the same day you order and their prices are great.

Heres some good examples...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835100007
-or-
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=FAN-AS5-3G

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103536
-or-
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=A64-3000BW

Sorry newegg.

Nice prices on ewiz I see, but DAMN! ANOTHER place that'll tax me! Hell, they're even in the same area code as me, according to their phone number.

yeah newegg has gone down the crapper some, but it still is the go-to store for me online. their reliability and packaging makes them worth the extra money most of the time. however, when i bought my PSU, i went with eWiz cuz they had it for like $30 cheaper. i know it was OEM, but the PSU came in a too-small Seagate hard drive box that was bulging at the top, held down with many a strip of tape, cushioned with one puny airbag thingy. :eh?: and newegg's boxes and styrofoam peanuts are great for ebaying :)

i just want to point out why i buy online.. because it is cheaper. that is the only reason. If i could walk into pc club or frys and buy the same thing for the same price.. i would most definatly. i think it sucks that newegg is charging crazy prices for stuff. but anytime i had to return something they havnt given me any guff about it.. but neither has frys or pc club. (unlike monarch)

moral of the story, if newegg prices are too high (and they are the bloody pirates) then shop elsewhere. i will untill they lower their prices again... newegg sucks when it comes to prices

Cisco Kid said:
I have been a long time buyer at ZZF back when they had another name which eludes me right now. Overall their prices are better imho with free 2nd day via Fedex.

I am waiting till after the 12 Aug then grabbing a 3800+ dual core :)

GoogleGear was the old name.

:attn:

Yeah sounds pretty crappy but hey if your are screwing 100% of your customers and you only lose 5% of them over an average 20% markup of the overhead then your a more profitable company. Hell you couldn't care less if you lost 10% of your customers because you'd still making more profit. Big business sucks!

Newegg isn't screwing anyone out. Newegg has done this since they opened. I remember when their monitors were the most expensive anywhere but everything else was cheap. They have such great deals because on some products they have the best deals but on the others they make up for their little/no profits by marking up a bit. I think you guys have just been baby'd too much by newegg.

were paying 410 USD for the 3800+ X2s... I picked up a CDBHE 0527UPAW it's a E4 stepping which can be seen by "BV" on the first line of code ADA3800DAA5BV, E6 steppings will have the code letter "CD" on the end.

Back