• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feydd

I was browsing around EB's website trying to decide between picking up Q4 or not when I found another game called X3:The Reunion. Not only did it amaze me to see a new space sim around but the screenshots look amazing too. Has any one had any experience with the previous titles in the series? This is the first time i've even heard of this game series and would like to know what gameplay style it has.

I checked this out. Looks pretty good doesn't it :)
They finally got around to making a storyline because selecting 4 button combos to fire a missle and then fly in a random direction in hope of running into a trade ship wasn't fun in X2.

This new x3 looks very interesting because of the idea of being a mercenary and more fps stuff + rpg stuff.

I played X2, and I thought it was a good game except for how ridiculously slow paced it was.
Does X3 have multiplayer?

Yep, October 28th. I've been keeping my eyes on it.

X2 was great except for three things: The dumb AI, extremely bad GUI, and the repetiveness of it. Supposedly X3 fixes all of this and gives us better graphics and storyline for the needed "pick up". :cool:

From the looks of it, will that game have some rpg elements too it and some fps (other then turret gunning)? I wonder if you can leave the walk out of your ship
when entering a colony or port.

I heard they are adding an astronaut mode where you can exit your ship and do various things. I also heard the AI was going to be much better from that of pervious games.

Last edited:
It was fun to play while doing other things as you could almost playit without thinking if you were just trading

I never played x2 or x1, but I heard good things about them, so I've been following x3 with a lot of interest(it looks so pretty). From the trailer, it made it sound like you can build fleets.

In the x games, was it just you in a single fighter type ship(like freelancer and other space sims), or could you build big ships and have other ships under your command? I'm confused.

If this game is a space sim + rts/rpg, that'd be awsome.

edit: nm, I read some more stuff and you can build your own fleets and stations as well as control every ship in your fleet just like your main ship! YAY!

Back