• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X470 Taichi Ultimate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kwikgta

I've been running this board for 2 years and currently with a 3950x/ 3600 "b" die corsair memory, and I've been on bios 3.90 ever since it came out. This morning I flashed to the new bios 4.60 which adds 5000 series support, just in case I ever decide to put a 5000 processor in it sometime in the future. Upon reboot, my memory wouldn't go above 2666 (normally runs at 3800) no matter what voltage I threw at it, I finally go on into windows and neither of the ethernet connections would work at all and reloading the drivers did nothing. I flashed back to 3.90 and everything is normal again. It really makes no difference in the long run as tomorrow I will be swapping the entire system out to a 5950x/6900XT/X570 Tomahawk and the 3950x setup will become my backup system, just wanted to share my experience with this bios update for this board.

Good to know, did you report this to Asrock? I wonder if it would run any better with a 5000 series CPU.

Good to know, did you report this to Asrock? I wonder if it would run any better with a 5000 series CPU.

No I haven't. A 5000 series might work better but My 5950x is already mounted in the Tomahawk x570 motherboard with the Noctua DH-15 and I'm not about to pull that monster back off to find out....lol

Back