• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800gto agp black screen game crash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drunknsage

Hey all

Im having an issue playing BF and any other game right now on my system. Im able to load a map up and start playing for a few minutes when my screen goes black, I get a message on my screen saying "no video input detected" and im forced to do a hard reset. Ive left it sitting for a bit to see if i could end task or if it would recover but it doesnt. Here are my system specs.

System is stock with no OCing
AMD athlon XP2500+ Barton
Asus a7n8x deluxe
2x512mb of corsair DDR 3200
2x WD 80 gig SATA HDD's
LC-a420atx power supply (game with my case)
Sapphire X800gto (agp) 16 pipelines unlocked no other over clocks a430 core
Audigy 2zs
Win xp pro sp2 (fresh install as of last week)
3 case fans plus cpu fan
Lightscribe dvd burner

Ive run through all the general and some hardware trouble shooting. I locked my agp frequency at 66. Agp voltage is set to auto but ive gone from 1.5v to 1.6 and i still get the black screen. Tried multiple ati driver including omega drivers and still have the issue. I downloaded 3D mark 03 for benchmarking and testing and it has yet to make my system crash like games do. My GPU sits around 72C under load so it isnt over heating. I monitor using asus probe and ATI tool. I read somewhere it could be a power supply issue and i might want to go to a 500W with dual 12v rails. I just read on this site in the PS section that the powersupply im using is a piece of garbage.

Any input from you all would be much appreciated. This is driving me crazy. Buying a new Power Supply is the next step to figure this out. I hope my card isnt burned up. I have another machine to test the card in but its currently in pieces.

well i guess my first question is, since im not that familiar with all the power supplies, how many watts is it??? it could be possibly that you are under volting or over volting the video card. it could have something to do with unlocking the pipelines. are you seeing any visual tearing or artifacts in windows, boot-up, or in game time??? if you are, the card could be overheating, which in that case, the longer u run a radeon like that, the bigger chance you have of frying the card altogether. just some thoughts. let us know what happens.

-Have a good one!

Yogurt

Hey there

Just wanted to give an update so if anyone else runs into the same issue this post is here for reference

I went ahead and upgraded my PSU to a 500watt dual rail and picked up an arctic cooler for my card. My temps on the card were getting insanely high.

After the install i checked my temps and ran some stress tests. I went from 80C to 50C.

That cooler absolutely ROCKS!!!! System is running fine now with no more blackouts or issues.

Take care

Back