• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X850XT (pci-e) in stock at newegg!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dermen said:
Well if you don't want to spend $750 for an X850XT PE you can spend a measly $500 for an X800XL from ZipZoomFly.
:eek: Gawd...what is with this price gouguing crap. Thats almost 2X over retail price:mad: :temper:

dude...forget the x850....SLI 6800 Ultras are JUST PLAIN COOLER! what do u want....a single card...OR DUAL CARDS BABY! lol but on a real note...which ever is better priced is what i'd go with...but dual GPU's is still awesome hahah

Dermen said:
Well if you don't want to spend $750 for an X850XT PE you can spend a measly $500 for an X800XL from ZipZoomFly.

OMG THATS $200 above MSRP!!!

what a joke, same as when ati stated the x800xl where going to be available on jan 1st and we have still no end consumer reviews around :(. I hope it doesnt turn out to be vaporware

you guys stop with the nvidia faith crap, this is about x850 prices. You can always do a new thread (id be glad to get in).... but now that you guys mention it im on cowboy x's side: how long has nvidia been promising to fix fsaa on the 6x00? its almost half a year now and the bug remains... its very funny that some peeps still believe ati is the one with lousy drivers. For me i wont consider buying the 6800gt as long as they dont fix that, and still i would question myself to get the x800xl just for the better iq...

my .02

who cares you can get an x800xt for 500 or an x800xl for 300 and youd probably not even notice the difference in games, only in 3dmark 2003, 2005 :rolleyes:

Cowboy X

.....Nvidia will never leave it like that !' 'I'll wait for the next Nvidia driver ' sort of statements have backfired in a big way since 2002 . ( mind you several other manufacturers names can be inserted in the same spot as Nvida's )......[/COLOR]

deception``

.....Throughout your long statement, you have made it painstakingly clear that you hold a bias against NVIDIA, most likely from it's days of the FX 5xxx fiasco. It is now evident to me (and others reading) that you certainly hold a chip on your shoulder against this firm for whatever reason......

Just something that I noticed and wanted to point out.

You both argue good points.

deception``, I refuse to trust anything or anyone whom has consistantly failed to pull through for me in the past - as Cowboy X said, trust needs to be earned.

As for faith, it is often completely and entirely irrational - if equally often it is completely and entirely neccessary (in my personal experience/opinion).

As for having faith in a corporation like nVidia, ATi, AMD, or intel.....

Sentential

3. What SLI issue? nV said point blank "we arent making PCI-E cards until demand rises and our nForce4 boards arrive". I dont understand how that causes an availablity problem. Second they held off making alot of ultras to keep the price up and because of the availibilty of GDDR3. I have yet to see anything to suggest nV has a yeild issue...if ANYONE has a yeild issue it would be ATi.

If anyone has a yield issue here, it is Samsung :D

felinusz said:
If anyone has a yield issue here, it is Samsung :D
I was refering to the availibilty of GC16 which is notoriously bad. Bad enough that nV released a revised BIOS to allow its 3rd party producers to use the slower GC20 at the normal speed to circumvent the issue.

Thats the real reason we dont see more Ultras and XTs.

I hear that ati has trouble with yields of 16 pipe cores as well making x800xt so rare, especially the PE edition. ram is a factor too which is why we see so many 6800gt, x800pro with 2ns ram

That ram story is sounding more likely , because bot ATI and Nvidia claim good chip yeilds so if they are telling the truth , then it is a problem with either wafer or memory availability .

Sentential said:
Absolutly ridiclous....no other words to say than that.

Well, unlike a stupid P4 Extreme Edition, this card really is at the top of its game.

That ram story is sounding more likely , because bot ATI and Nvidia claim good chip yeilds so if they are telling the truth , then it is a problem with either wafer or memory availability .

The RAM is almost certainly the source of yield "bottlenecks" we see with the high-end video cards.

The really scary part, is that there is very little demand for the highest-end video cards - look at where the majority of the market is (OEM Dell boxes, and <$500 machines - the cost of a new top-of-the-line card).

So, with low demand for these cards in the first place, they don't even need to produce that much GDDR3 GC16 RAM.

RAM yields must be absolutely abysmal for there to be the sort of shortage that there is, even today.

Sentential

I was refering to the availibilty of GC16 which is notoriously bad.

Sent - you're the one who told me about the Samsung GC16 yield problems in the first place :)

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know of a graph, heck even an excel doc, that lists the prices for mid-top graphics cards for the past 5 years?

Doing a quick google heres what I came up with

GF2 ultra $377 January 21, 2001
GF3 Ti500 $320 October 25, 2001
GF4 ti4600 $415 March 26, 2002
Ultra 5800 FX $399 March 5, 2003
FX5900 Ultra $499 May 12, 2003

pretty much past the GeForce series prices just kept going up. I remember when people said 500$ for a 5900 was too high, yet a lot of people still bought it. Its like nVidia was feeling out the market. Now they think they can keep raising prices and we'll keep paying for it. This climbing cr** ever going to stop? IMHO it will only stop if the market refuses to spend more... I wouldnt spend 500$ for a 5900. I'll be damned if I spend 700$.

Sry this price inflation erks me.

There a whole bunch of stores in Toronto with them for less then CDN$700, so US$700 at newegg is a pretty bad price.

rising prices of cards is due to rising costs of large amounts of very fast ram such as 1.6ns. you want a $200 card, get a 6600gt or 9800xt

Overclocker550 said:
I hear that ati has trouble with yields of 16 pipe cores as well making x800xt so rare, especially the PE edition. ram is a factor too which is why we see so many 6800gt, x800pro with 2ns ram

Hmmm, i doubt it's just the ram.

I remember looking at overclockers.co.uk forums here in the UK, for stuff on X800 cards, when i had my XTPE pre-orderd.

Everyone who had a X800Pro, had 1.6ns memory. So if the memory was the problem, is the problem, why stick em on lesser Pro's???

Back