• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XEON X5690 oc settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thecgla

Can anyone share a x5690 oc settings. I am now at 4,2ghz and want to hit ~4,7Ghz with water AIO cooler for daily working on pc.

I had a i7 970 that did 4.2 @ 1.55v and was still not quite stable.. 4.7 24/7 on an aio seems a little unlikely to me.. but somewhere up to 4.5 should be doable. You will have to thrash your system to see what it can do :thup:

It's going to be very difficult hitting 4.7GHz on the X5690. I am a fan of the X56xx Xeons and have run a lot of them. On a good board and CPU you will most likely hit 4.4 to 4.5GHz max as a daily overclock. I know people have done more. I have tried at least 8-9 different ones including the 4 core variants and they just don't seem to clock as high as you are shooting for.

I’ve benched 4.8 with mine, it took 1.55 or 1.58v iirc. I guess I was trying to say sharing settings usually doesn’t work, and if he wants to know he will have to thrash his setup to see what it can do.

I’ve benched 4.8 with mine, it took 1.55 or 1.58v iirc. I guess I was trying to say sharing settings usually doesn’t work, and if he wants to know he will have to thrash his setup to see what it can do.

Holy Voltage Batman! :D

I have gone just past 1.4 vcore a few times just to see what was what.

It should be ok as long as you can keep it cool :cool:

Its not something I would run 24/7 tho.. for that I generally stick with 1.275 to 1.375, wich is 4000-4300mhz for my cpu :cheers:

It should be ok as long as you can keep it cool :cool:

Its not something I would run 24/7 tho.. for that I generally stick with 1.275 to 1.375, wich is 4000-4300mhz for my cpu :cheers:

They are cheap enough now if you end up burning one out you can always pick up another for almost nothing. :D

Alas, it is time to move on.. I just got a 3770k, ASUS mobo, and a bunch of other stuff yesterday from my brother! So.. my x5690 will be used to keep my minions happy :)

It's going to be very difficult hitting 4.7GHz on the X5690. I am a fan of the X56xx Xeons and have run a lot of them. On a good board and CPU you will most likely hit 4.4 to 4.5GHz max as a daily overclock. I know people have done more. I have tried at least 8-9 different ones including the 4 core variants and they just don't seem to clock as high as you are shooting for.
Ha you where just referenced in LTT video.

lol how did you even find this thread from 2017 to post this?

**edit**
now i see this post/thread was in the video!

Last edited:
lol how did you even find this thread from 2017 to post this?

**edit**
now i see this post/thread was in the video!
Actually took a little bit to look it up and find it, wasn't about to type out the whole link on my phone at the time :)

I came here to do the same, @deathman20 was faster =D.
Just so happened to watch it 20min after going live... it was perfect timing.

And a nice shout out to the old CPU... actually did a pretty dang good job! Props to it for holding strong all these years.

Back