• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 7600GT Overclocks... Abnormally high

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Spawne32 said:
Is it safe to do the overclocking with coolbits or what? Because with my old geforce4 ti 4200 i did it directly with the bios itself.

i used to use rivatuner to overclock my ol' Ti4200 - but that was a few years ago. much older version of riva... the final release should work... shouldnt it?

holy smokes, i just ran 3dmark05 and there was a huge increase in the score, 6118 :eek: look at the old score at stock speeds in my sig and compare!

Congrats :)

I am actually tempted to pick up the 26" version of this monitor with 1900x1200 resolution, but it's like $600-700 locally... Plus, I'll need at least an 8600U when they come out to run any games at that resolution... Oh well, I'm happy with my single 22" right now, hands down the nicest monitor I've ever owned.

Anyways, I'm going to make one last attempt at breaking 7500 in 05 tomorrow, after that I'll probably have to put my computer out of commission for a few days while I paint my office and assemble my new desk.

I'm currently in fourth overall with my 05 scores behind three systems with much more powerful CPU's and with card speeds only possible with extreme cooling (second overall behind an extreme cooled system in 06), so until somebody proves me otherwise, I'm claiming the title of the world's fastest air cooled 7600GT :beer:

Night everyone, happy OCing!

Edit: Weather forecast for tomorrow is saying we're getting temperatures of -20 celcius, plus wind chill (-40, woohoo!)... I'm going to pick up some ducting after class and try to get #1 in 06 and 05 with some extreme air cooling. Now I need to think were to find a high CFM fan to push the cold air through the ducting... Hmmm

Last edited:
David_N said:
Every card is different. Some struggle to get more than 2% over stock, while some, like mine, do very very well :)

I'm going to do a volt mod this weekend and see if I can push 690/920 :attn:

And for the life of me, I can't break 7500 in '05... Dang it :(

lol mabey u need some more cpu power!

:drool: I think your 7600 beat either of my 7800GTs...shame you probably can't get another like that, that would make for a beast of an SLI setup

Congrats on owning a record! It's cool to know a celebrity :D

Glad to see this, I ordered one last night from Tiger Direct. I usually don't OC a video card but it is nice to know that i could. This MX200 is killing me.

hmmmm, i just randomly bumped up my friends overclock to 620 core and i cant remember how much i bumped up the mem.
i need to check it out and see how much more i can push things.

Wow, got mine today and ran Coolbits and it set it to 665 1740. These must be great cards as I only have the stock cooler. I only scored 15227 in 3D 03 but it was really smooth. It does idle at 53c so I might get another cooler for it.

Congrats! I should have my system back up and running again tomorrow, and hopefully get my 3DMark03 tests done... I topped out at 15999 so far, I'm trying my hardest to break 16500 haha. We'll see how things go, I might go out and buy a dryer duct and some powerful fans, the weatherman is calling for some -20 temps later this week :beer:

Back