• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX8800GT Black and White on TV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viruk

Registered
Hi,

I have a XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition XXX 512 DDR3. I connect it to my TV via the s-video output on the card and supplied cable.
This has all been working fine until I moved my TV further away from my PC and needed a longer cable.
I bought a 5m S-video cable(good quality), but found it made my picture black and white.
I then tried various other s-video cables (Ones the same length as the supplied one) but they all made the picture B&W.
So thus far the only cable that works in colour is the supplied one.
I contacted XFX and they were extremely unhelpful, just saying all cables "should work":bang head

Can anyone offer any advice or insight?

thanx

Now thats and odd one. Almost sounds like it has to be a proprietary cable. The only thing I can think of is using a female - female s-video coupler to use the supplied cable on the card end and another cable coupled to it to the tv. But its still seriously bogus.

Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

That's what I thought aswell and I even asked them because I read somewhere that you had to get a special s-video cable from Sony for your PS3 because S-video cables are not made to a standard format.
I will give it a try thou...

Thanx:)

Last edited:
I got the female to female connector (after much hunting around) and it worked :)
Thanx

Back