• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMG A707 too loud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saratogator

Hi and good morning everyone,

I hope I can find some help here. And first of all sorry of my english is not my first language :D.
I bought a XMG A707 gaming notebook but the fan is unbelievable loud. I#ve read thats normal for this Notebook but do you know if it is possible to exchange the fan for this model? If yes, which one i should use?

Best regards

You'd have to figure out the size of the fans... not sure offhand what they are... maybe ask the maker?

To be honest, I'd be surprised if there are aftermarket/third party fans for it - laptops aren't like desktops where there are "industry standard" fan sizes and mounts.

You could get a laptop cooling pad that blows air across the underside of the laptop, that way the internal fans don't have to work as hard. That's all I could really think of.

Undervolting with something like throttlestop might stop the fan kicking in so much, as well.

Back