• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP mobile outdated?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey guys,

My mobile has been runnin strong for about 6 months now. I see that everyone is buying A64s these days. The mobile is no longer THE processor to have. I can't afford an A64 just yet...so I have to make due with this...

I just achieved a 20k 3d mark 2001 score with the rig in my sig....so my question is this...

Will I really see an improvement that is worth the 300 or 400 dollars it would cost to upgrade to a socket 754 chip? There is NO way I can afford a socket 939, which is why I say 754. Would I be better off waiting and getting a 939 when they drop in price? Just how out of date is my xp mobile?

-Collin-

the A64 will not be practical until there are actually 64-bit applications to take advantage of it. wait until then, and prices will be lower.

"215x12 = 2580mhz @ 1.8vcore"

thats a real nice o/c, i dont know why you'd want to upgrade JUST yet..

My P4 @ 4.2Ghz "Super Pi 1M" ... 35sec
My Mobile 2600 @ 2,850ghz "Super Pi 1M....36sec..

Your mobile at the speed your running is plently fast enough.... :)

Attachments

• Super-PI-36sec-2.85-640x640.jpg
    Super-PI-36sec-2.85-640x640.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 96
I'm going A64 because socket754 seems pretty decently priced with nice performance. Too bad any of the motherboards aren't really outstanding, though they all seems have good features at some areas. I'll just start up the A64 and swap the mobo when something better comes out. Yes I did get over 20k with XP-M but Gautam seems to have hit 24k. (same gfx card)

Not only did you guys just save me a lot of money....but now I love my computer again. :)

I'll wait! Thanks!

-Collin-

Back