• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xpress 200 IGP MB w/ 7600GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

I recently got a really good deal at my work (Circuit City) for an open-box Compaq with a 3500+ Venice, 1GB RAM and a PCI-E Motherboard (Model: Asus A8AE-LE) I wanna know what, if any, complications I would run into installing an eVGA 7600GT and what the proper way to uninstall the ATi IGP drivers and install the nVidia drivers would be... thanks in advance...

*EDIT: I will be installing the motherboard and CPU into my existing chassis keeping my RAM and drives... I will be purchasing a 500W Antec as my other machine is being sold to my dad...

Last edited:
The only complication would be the power supply. Those things are always low on the 12v lines :(

oh no, I'm going with a 500W Antec... I already ordered it... I have the hardware covered... I'm just wondering what I should do in terms of drivers... I've never had a mobo with IGP before...

Caviman2201 said:
oh no, I'm going with a 500W Antec... I already ordered it... I have the hardware covered... I'm just wondering what I should do in terms of drivers... I've never had a mobo with IGP before...
It will auto-detect a video card in the PCIe slot and automatically use it.

ok... um... I'm not a total n00b... I know that part... I'm talking about how existing ATi display drivers can sometimes wreak havoc on nVidia drivers and vice-versa... I'm wondering if, since its an ATi chipset, I should run driver cleaner or not; or what complications I might have, if any.

Caviman2201 said:
ok... um... I'm not a total n00b... I know that part... I'm talking about how existing ATi display drivers can sometimes wreak havoc on nVidia drivers and vice-versa... I'm wondering if, since its an ATi chipset, I should run driver cleaner or not; or what complications I might have, if any.

Well, I ran a Radeon 9000 Pro on a nforce 2 mobo for a while with no problems. :D

Usually with an onboard video, you have to disable it through bios. As for drivers, you may have to unstill the video drivers itself, but I'm not quite sure. The rest of the motherboard drivers can stay put.

obviously just do a regular uninstall/install then if you have problems consider something like driver cleaner.

There might be a bios setting you have to disable, so if your having problems and can't figure it out, snoop arround the bios :beer:

Back