• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Ok everythings going fine im happpy dl BF2 demo. I get demo installed and play for a while but the shadows are funky. They say you need the 77.30 drivers well the highest llisted on Nvidias web site is 71.83 or something. Well I figure I will install the 77.30 drivers and see if that fixes it. Me and my ancous self just installed the 77.30 without removing the old 71.83. So I play BF2 demo leave and then I get a blue screen saying Windows has shut down to prevent damage, beginining memory dump. You know that error. I think must be the drivers I didint uninstall so I went to controll panel uninstalled anything that said Nvidia and reinstalled the 77.30. I go play BF2 and exit then same error this happens another 2 times in and out of game. Now it just happened while idling while I was eating dinner. So my guess is its the untested drivers messin it up. So are there are other drivers I can try? Or other fixes? Thanks a Lot :bang head

Have you tried uninstalling all of the drivers on your system, pull out the card and replace it in and do a fresh install? Sometimes that will work, what OS are you using?

I assume you have the auto-reboot feature turned off if you saw a BSOD, I would reseat the video card and then reinstall the drivers. Also, you said that the drivers were not high enough version for your card, did you use the right drivers to begin with?

Back