• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another Radeon 8500 volt question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StankPuff

Okay, I went through the voltage mod posted at: http://www.overclockers.com/tips1010/. After soldering all the resistors, putting sinks on my ram, and an Athlon fan P.R.'d at about 900 MHz onto the core, I started up my computer.

At first, everything looks fine. Then the windows xp splash screen comes up and it has a bunch of random dots in it. After XP boots up, everything (desktop, 2D stuff) once again looks fine. I then tried OCing, but was unable to get my core past 280, which I am able to hit without the volt mod. When I run 3dmark, I get tons of artifacts at retail speed (275/275) and even at my OEM stock speed (250/275).

I have double and tripple checked to make sure I soldered the right areas, and have even pulled out a ohmmeter to make sure that the solder points are getting the right resistance. Everything seems to check out.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening?

Back