• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another Sabertooth r2 issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NZKshatriya

DMCA Violated Member
going from cold boot, or a restart from within windows, when it gets past the prompt to enter BIOS, and gets to the TuF logo, it hangs there.

If I switch boot order to CD/SSD0/SSD1, it stops and doesn't detect the SSDs. If i set boot order to CD/Windows Boot whatever it is, same thing, stops at CD and instructs to insert OS disc.

But if its set to Windows boot selection as primary, and I hit the reset switch after a cold boot, or in-system reset, it will, for lack of a better term, turn over.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cos I am at a loss.

The EUFI motherboards are weird like that. You will see each storage device connected to the system twice if you hit the F12 key (or whatever key your bios uses to pick the boot device). You will see a DOS boot option for each storage device and you will see a EUFI option. I haven't quite figured it all out about how it works yet. The other day I needed to restore my system from an image using the rescue disc I had created. Found the image and everything but it could not proceed with the restore because I chose the wrong boot option for the DVD drive from the menu. Got an error message saying something like I was trying to use the restore disk in a different mode than what it was created in. So I rebooted and chose the other option and it worked.

Only reason I fiddled with boot devices was to see if it affected my initial problem.

Which is a hang on boot, at the TuF logo, even when the correct boot device is selected.
Should just be able to hit power, and let the system go, not have to hit restart when it hangs, and then have it boot.

Sometimes, it will hang on a _ prompt. Had gone away for a while after I boosted CPU/NB to 1.3v. May or may not be video related according to some forums I've seen, but updating to more current drivers for said card........well......there are none lol.

*scuse me while I bang my head into a brick wall.....If I had one*

Why do problems come up in two's and three's.

First, I decide to redo the Elfa shelving all my books/movies/PC/home theater is on, then the board starts giving me issues, then the OS.
NOW, I am exhausted, my rooms a total mess, and I've managed to clear a small sleeping space on the floor.......*sigh*

There, 2 PC issues, and a self inflicted issue with too much stuff, too little room for it.

My next step would be a bios flash. You were messing with memory if my memory serves me right and it can really mess up a BIOS

gonna be doing that and an OS reinstall to clear up other crap later in the week, after I give myself a time buffer work wise.

Its been awhile since I initially installed mine but did run into a similar issue, I re-flashed bios with usb and booted through fine after that. Hope its that easy for ya.

just reflashed, gonna do a full shutdown, then cold boot, then be back.

either there will be a YAY or a WTH. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

And a big fat no.

Next will be to try nixing the Asmedia sata ports, and only using the brown AMD ones on the board.
Will do that when I do an OS reinstall/cleanout of dust/install of new HDD.....

Best to get everything done at once.

Right now, I need to move on to course work, major quiz in 30 minutes, then a whole bunch of busy works >.>

Yeah.

Just a headache.
A major headache.

And now I think I am actually running into the hotswap bay issue that people had on the first edition of the HAF-XB....issue being that the little PCB job for the bay controller might actually harm drives.

If this turns out to be true, I am seriously going to be demanding replacement drives via Coolermaster.....and then turn the Hotswap bays into something else.

Just remove the PCB from the inside and run your cables direct. Kinda defeats the purpose of the hot swap feature but at least your drives are safe. Not sure how much luck you will have with getting them to replace your drives but who knows ......

interesting

According to SMART, my data drive has had 6 more unexpected power interruptions than my OS drive...with the hot swap PCB being powered by a single 12v molex...and knowing how my PSU doesn't put out the right amount of power, why am I not surprised.

and in the bios you have to set the boot device in two places under the boot tab.
I don't have an amd rig in the house right now to get the name of the option under the boot tab........

Back