• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

youtube video showing air temps before/after radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slipkn67

It was posted a year or 2 ago by some 100k+ subs channel, can't remember who it was. Maybe JayzTwoCents, Paul's Hardware, Gamers Nexus or some other major channel. Maybe it was TinyTomLogan (OC3D). In the video they were measuring air temps before and after the rad and the temps were very close. Can't find the video, please help!

Air temps will after going through a rad will vary depending on the radiator, load, etc. But in most cases its a couple/few C higher... but again, it depends.

hello, EarthDog! And thank you for your reply, but I'm searching for the video. That is what's written in the thread name.
I remember watching it in 2015-2016 maybe. Can't find it now:(

I don't recall a video by them off hand, sorry. Just supporting the information likely to come out of it.

I've tested it before on my own system(s) and it would vary by the rad itself, airflow, and load being applied to the water system. For example, I had an AMD 295x2 and that little 120mm radiator was overworked for the 500W load it had to dissipate so the air coming through the other side was several degrees warmer. In the case of my current 7960X at 4.5 GHz 1.12V (a properly sized loop) with about 200W using a 3x120mm radiator, the temps on the other side after a couple of hours gaming is only a couple/few C higher than the air going in. :)

Have you look at their YT channels and see since you know appx when it happened and have an idea who?

What are you looking to get out of the video?

Last edited:
Back