• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z590 Asus maximus hero xiii - 980 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sumguy

Registered
So i just got my new board and new 980 Pro installed. I am still running a 10900k since 11th gen isnt out..

But when i do a speed test on the 980.. Im still getting 3.0 speeds any ideas?

thanks in advance

10900K doesn't support PCIe 4.0 and it looks like you connect the drive to M.2 with CPU lanes.

boo.. Im guessing same goes for the gpu lanes as well? guess im stuck waiting on a 11900

I have another question.. i mathed my oc settings from my z490 board.. 5.0, 1.24vcore llc7 . when in windows it would go down to like 799mhz and like 1.22vcore just in windows.

Now on the new system it boots at 1.23vcore but goes up to 1.36 and just stays there not even under a load any ideas? power save mode on both set ups

Different board... different VRMs... different results. Makes sense on that front. :)

If you were going down to 800 MHz, that is some form of throttling.

Lower LLC so you don't get that vRaise on load? Did you confirm that voltage with another application.

Different board... different VRMs... different results. Makes sense on that front. :)

If you were going down to 800 MHz, that is some form of throttling.

Lower LLC so you don't get that vRaise on load? Did you confirm that voltage with another application.

ya using cpuz- im not so worried about the cpu throttle at this point idont like how its adding a ton of vcore. i went down to ll1 then it wouldnt boot, tried lower vcore and upping LL didnt boot.

idk if im going to wait for bios updates or w.e

but im not too keen on setting vcore to 1.25 in bios and when i get into windows it goes to 1.36 and stays there and doesnt move.. no reason for that

i set it to auto for ****s and giggles. auto cores, auto vcore, and set it to 1.38 for auto vcore cap and llc on auto. still went over 1.4 randomly

So i figured out CPUZ was lying to me.. checkec in hwinfo and was correct smfh

Back