• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z87-A temperature problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xCoralian

Just had a new pc built for me and my Asus z87-A motherboard temps are not changing. My cpu temperatures are changing but not my Tz00, tz01 or mainboard temps. I am using HW monitor to read the temperatures.
What are safe temperatures for my mainboard and tz00/1?

Last edited:
I was trying to help OP with troubleshoot the problem before he posted the question on here but I could not figure it out. He's tried other software and ever gone into the bios to check temps but TZ00/TZ01 temps are not changing nor are the temps for mainboard. The reason he was asking was because he is running stock settings/cpu heatsink and we had discussed possible OC in the future so I told him to check his current temps when we came across this.

I use amd systems so I am not too familiar with this z87 board but could it possibly something that might have been tampered with in the bios? I know for some amd mobos if you disable certain features your cpu temperatures won't come up. Any ideas on what might be causing the problem?

Download CoreTemp or RealTemp. There's also mainboard temperatures displayed in the UEFI main screen. You can reboot tapping <del> as the PC starts up to get to that screen.

Temps depend on many things: ambient temp, air circulation inside-to-outside the case, TIM used, heatsinks (how many + where) + more.

I had him check with HW monitor and OCCT as I said before. Mainboard, TZ00 and TZ01 are staying at the same temp. He ran BF4 and the temps stayed the same. We did notice though that the mainboard temp changes by 1 degree the entire time so this is a bit odd. Either his board is staying really cool or the sensors are not working properly.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,255
  • 1488435_557099674382786_478050265_n.jpg
    1488435_557099674382786_478050265_n.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,316
SO, what are your ambient temps? From that screeny I can't tell that you're in any kind of danger zone. Looks fine to me. Monitor the temps while running Prime. Or while Folding@Home at 100%. You'll get a better idea of what a load looks like in those instances.

I'll have him run prime again. Those were the temps after a round of BF4. No change to the mobo temps on stock NZXT 210 case fans.

1st reading i got after running prime for 6 minutes. (stopped because cpu temps were getting a bit too high for me)

Everything is running at stock by the way.

2nd readings was of this morning when i started up my computer.

Its pretty cold here in my room since it is winter, so im beggining to think the temps may be fine, but regardless the tz00 and tz01 dont budge whatsoever. I may try and update the bios and see if that helps because some people reported a bug in the bios.

Attachments

• 2013-12-14_232029.png
    2013-12-14_232029.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,233
  • 2013-12-15_120336.png
    2013-12-15_120336.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,248
Temps in the 70C range while running Prime for 6 minutes. Hmmm, I still don't see any problems. Prime is a stress test, more like a marathon than a short sprint. If all your parts like each other, are built and configured with foresight and some TLC, stressing will just add confidence to your build. 70C is fine. Don't worry, be happy. Eat pizza. :cool:

He checked temps again today and they changed a bit on the mainboard so the sensors are working. We also looked around a bit and saw that TZ00/01 don't change so all is good.

Back