• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z87X-UD4H and 4670K stability issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skycake

Registered
Earlier this week I upgraded my Phenom II X4 machine with a new Z87 motherboard and Haswell processor. I did a clean reinstall of windows when I did the upgrade, but I have still not yet been able to get my machine stable, even with both the CPU and GPU at complete stock. I can usually run benchmarks (AIDA64 stress test, Unigine Heaven) for over half an hour with no issues, and last night I ran 4 passes of memtest86+ with no errors. However, Dota 2 crashes back to the desktop within about 10 or 15 minutes consistently and I get BSODs about every hour or two, even just web browsing.

The BSODs have no consistency to the errors. I've gotten IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, an error with ntkrnlmp.exe, and others. I suspect it's a driver issue, but I can't tell what driver would be the problem.

I have a Swiftech H220, so it doesn't seem to be a temperature issue. I'm getting around 30 C at idle and somewhere over 50 C at load. My first mount wasn't very good, so I remounted the block, but that didn't seem to help.

I also have a Seasonic X750 power supply, so I don't think that would be causing a problem.

I've tried quite a few things already. I've reinstalled all the drivers, uninstalled all the Gigabyte utilities, updated to the newest BIOS. I submitted a tech support ticket to Gigabyte, but I don't know how long that will take to get a response.

I'm at my wits end and have no idea what else to try. Does anyone have any other suggestions before I take the motherboard back to Microcenter to get a replacement?

Sounds like that is the only way to check. You could pull the board out of your case and run it on cardboard and see if it fixes the problem.

Back