• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zambezi vs Vishera

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a really tough question to answer. If you're looking for stable 24/7 overclocks, from what I've seen on these forums the Vishera will run a few Mhz higher with a bit less Cpu-V. The Vishera also outperform the Zambezi by a small margin clock for clock.

That's a really tough question to answer. If you're looking for stable 24/7 overclocks, from what I've seen on these forums the Vishera will run a few Mhz higher with a bit less Cpu-V. The Vishera also outperform the Zambezi by a small margin clock for clock.
Thanks, not looking for a 24/7 machine. Just would like the best OCer with the lest Vcore bumps.

Thanks, not looking for a 24/7 machine. Just would like the best OCer with the lest Vcore bumps.
The 8350's are really good overclockers. If just looking to see how far you can push you need to consider a few things then:

You'll need a top notch mother board, Asus Sabertooth, Chrosshair V formula/Z Asrock Extreme 9 are my only known solutions to really push the big numbers ie.. 5.0+. I own an Asus M5A99X Evo and it's a great board, but it could only do 4.5 24/7 and topped out at 4.9. The VRM section just isn't stout enough. I have had my 8350 as high as 5.6 on the CHV.

Cooling cooling cooling, not one of us that can push over 5.0 use anything less then a custom H2O loop.

The 8350's are really good overclockers. If just looking to see how far you can push you need to consider a few things then:

You'll need a top notch mother board, Asus Sabertooth, Chrosshair V formula/Z Asrock Extreme 9 are my only known solutions to really push the big numbers ie.. 5.0+. I own an Asus M5A99X Evo and it's a great board, but it could only do 4.5 24/7 and topped out at 4.9. The VRM section just isn't stout enough. I have had my 8350 as high as 5.6 on the CHV.

Cooling cooling cooling, not one of us that can push over 5.0 use anything less then a custom H2O loop.
Thanks for the input. I'm not looking to shoot for the sky. I'm not planning on getting a 8350 because I realize that my board won't handle it very good. I haven't had the board too long so I'll be keeping it for as little while. I just seem to have a weak core on my 4170 so I thought I should just go for something else & see what I can do with a different one.

Dan

The 63xx series would fit that board quite well with a decent air cooler. I have a 6350 that I had in a M5A99FX pro R2 and hit 4.6 without a lot of issues temps were good in the summer 45c on the core if I remember correct.
It's the HTPC in my sig just sub the 6350 for the 965

The 63xx series would fit that board quite well with a decent air cooler. I have a 6350 that I had in a M5A99FX pro R2 and hit 4.6 without a lot of issues temps were good in the summer 45c on the core if I remember correct.
It's the HTPC in my sig just sub the 6350 for the 965
Thanks Johan, the 6350 was what I was leaning toward but then whenever I read things like (with 6 & 8 core cpus they run VERY hot) I wonder if I will be able to do much with it. Especially down here in Fl. the temps are sill in the 80s.

the 6300/6350 will do fine on air or an aio.
I think the 6300 is 95 watt and the 6350 is 125 watt.

FX-4350 or FX-6350 for that EVO board. The 95W TDP is out the window into the yard the minute you turn up the OCing wick anyway.
RGone...ster.

The M5A99X Evo is a really good board, I've been able to hammer my 955be on it, it's been to 4.6+ on air on it without a hitch. A 63XX would be a really good upgrade path for it.

FX-4350 or FX-6350 for that EVO board. The 95W TDP is out the window into the yard the minute you turn up the OCing wick anyway.
RGone...ster.
Thanks RGone, those two were the ones on my short list. I really don't need a 6 core but I suppose I need to step up if I'm going to change.

The M5A99X Evo is a really good board, I've been able to hammer my 955be on it, it's been to 4.6+ on air on it without a hitch. A 63XX would be a really good upgrade path for it.
Thanks, I's nice to hear that you've had good luck with this board. I believe you guy have just about talked me into the 6350.

That depends a lot on what your uses are. If you have any software for photo/video editing, any multi threaded software the extra cores will be quite noticeable.

That depends a lot on what your uses are. If you have any software for photo/video editing, any multi threaded software the extra cores will be quite noticeable.
I do a little photo editing not much of anything else that would use much multi threading. It would just be, look I have a 6 core processor.

Back