• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZOMG! New Thermaltake Case Rules!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

thermaltake.png
check out this awesome new case on anandtech :)

Linky http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2775&p=8

quick non picture text

Thermaltake is releasing the first cube tower designed to handle two separate PCs in a single chassis. The case is specifically designed to meet the growing Media PC market with an emphasis on providing a solution that allows you to install a high performance gaming or workstation system while still having the necessary room to install a system designed to work as a HTPC or media playback machine.

mozarttxside.jpg
The case features the ability to handle a 7 inch Drive Bay with full support for a manual or retractable 7 inch LCD monitor (1280x768) that operates as a stand alone analog monitor. The case is fairly compact with measurements of 720mm x 330mm x 360mm (H/W/D). The depth measurement of 360mm is about 35% less than the typical 550mm depth of the average tower case.

mozarttxmitx.jpg
The doors are easily removed and the right side of the case is sectioned off for the mini-ITX board. The case is designed to handle an ATX/micro-ATX, or Standard/Micro/Pico/Nano BTX motherboard on the left side with the right side being reserved for the mini-ITX boards. While we would have preferred micro-ATX capability for the secondary board, the good news is that several of the mini-ITX board designs we saw were sporting recent chipsets and processors that would not have an issue powering a basic HTPC configuration.

mozarttxbtx.jpg
The left side of the case is sectioned off for a full size ATX or BTX capable motherboard. In this example, Thermaltake installed a BTX board and its unique cooling system. The case is actually sectioned off into four separate thermal areas with each section being totally independent of the others in the generation of airflow and removal of heat.

A quick look at the rear of the case reveals the five exit points for the included 120mm ultra quiet fans and 80mm vent for the secondary system. The system we viewed was set up with eight fans and actually was very quiet during operation which surprised us. The case itself can hold a total of ten 120mm fans and a single 80mm fan or you can mix and match the number of fans with cooling radiators if you install a liquid cooling system. The system can handle up to two 12 x 24cm radiators when utilizing four of the 120mm vent points. The case also has four 19mm holes drilled at the bottom left corner to handle liquid cooling tubes.

mozarttxfps.jpg
This close up of the lower front panel displays Thermaltake utilizing one of their slot based power supplies for the mini-ITX board.

mozarttxpanel.jpg
A close up of the 7 inch drive bay in operation. Thermaltake is expecting to sell this retractable 7 inch LCD unit as a separate option for around US $250. The LCD panel is not included with the case.

mozarttxesata.jpg
The Mozart TX features an e-SATA port along with the capability to power this port from the same location. Overall, this is a very interesting case with a lot of potential for the right customer. The case is very sturdy, both doors swing open a full 90 degrees for easy access, the 5.25" drive bays and PCI card slots are tool-less designs, and the hard drive bay is removable with shock absorbing grommets designed to reduce noise and vibration.

I actually like it. Temps me to put two big comps in it and make it a towah of folding powah! I'm sure it will be hugely popular with watercoolers, too. Phase change people could fit a lot in there, too.

Will go well with my 2kw psu and quad-sli setup so that i can run counter-strike at 800 fps hurr hurr.

Seriously though, that case is too huge. Let's put a Nano-ITX board in it.

ew.

short stubby square case - i think it looks ****gly - as %100 of their other cases do.

it is 2 cube cases stacker together.

i want the thermaltake swordsman. it has hydraulics to open the top of the case... thats almost too nerdy rofl

Ive always been a fan of thermaltake cases, for the bling bling they did pretty good IMO. Looks pretty sweet, only thing I would change are the windows. Kinda hated that part in the tt cases.

This case will play it's role very well. Either running a home server, or using it as an HTPC. But if you go forward one or two pages, you will see thermaltakes Lan box. Now that I want to buy.

i dun like it. looks fugly and probably costs way too much. i bet for the same price i could get a silverstone, i'm sure their cases look stunning.

From a second look at that case, it seems there are lots of short circuits in airflow, where incoming air would just be exhausted without removing much heat.

Back