• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZOTAC 1070 AMP OWNERS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ah okay .. how much does that cooler go for anyway ( full kit ) I only need to cool my top card anyway . 2nd card runs 65c no problems

ah okay .. how much does that cooler go for anyway ( full kit ) I only need to cool my top card anyway . 2nd card runs 65c no problems

It depends which AIO you purchase, NZXT tells you which are compatible with their G10 bracket.
Now you need to find out if the bracket is compatible with your GPU.

I,ll check on their website thank you . does running the 1st slot at 8x make the 4th slot i have run at 8x ? if I can do that I,ll use slot 1 and 4 and i dont have to spend a penny

I,ll check on their website thank you . does running the 1st slot at 8x make the 4th slot i have run at 8x ? if I can do that I,ll use slot 1 and 4 and i dont have to spend a penny
Which is what I am trying to get you to confirm...Try it with your cards and see if it works. ;)

I,ll have to check after work . will be back with results . but according to pcpartpicker that cpu /board combination doesnt allow for 3 way sli even with just 2 cards running and one unoccupied slot . and i dont have a switch to disable the pcie slot ( 8x8x8x) .. I am really disappointed with ASUS

ASUS isn't who you should be disappointed in...the board did not remove its abilities after your bought the board. ;)

I will keep my fingers crossed it works!

On my X99 motherboard (MSI) with my 5820K, when I put a card in the bottom slot it runs at X 8 and the card in the first slot runs at X 8.

If I put the cards in the first and second slot, the top card runs at X 16, and the second at X 8.

Hopefully this will be the same for your motherboard.

The difference between X 8 and X 16 is about 1% or so.

On my X99 motherboard (MSI) with my 5820K, when I put a card in the bottom slot it runs at X 8 and the card in the first slot runs at X 8.

If I put the cards in the first and second slot, the top card runs at X 16, and the second at X 8.

Hopefully this will be the same for your motherboard.

The difference between X 8 and X 16 is about 1% or so.

I will try running the 1st slot manually at 8x from bios but it should do so on its own no ? when I trying running 2 way sli with slot 1 and slot 4 the 2nd card runs at 4x and the 1st runs at 16 . if its a matter of manually setting the 1st slot to 8x this should be a piece of cake :)

It should do it on its own. SLI doesn't work in a 4x config so it needs to be 8x. I doubt setting it in the BIOS to 8x works, but it is without a doubt worth a try.

Are there 3 gpu's present?

no . only 2 . I put my 460 in the middle to act as 8x but it didn't trick the board i guess. I tried manually changing the 1st slot to 8x but there's no option to do that . I'm outta luck . my guess is you either need to change the board or the cpu.
the cpus 28 lanes dont seem to work with 3 way sli on this board for some reason. ( 3 way sli as in 8x8x8x) but only have 2 cards running.

Last edited:
no . only 2 . I put my 460 in the middle to act as 8x but it didn't trick the board i guess. I tried manually changing the 1st slot to 8x but there's no option to do that . I'm outta luck . my guess is you either need to change the board or the cpu.
the cpus 28 lanes dont seem to work with 3 way sli on this board for some reason. ( 3 way sli as in 8x8x8x) but only have 2 cards running.

Brilliant idea !! yes that would work . no performance degradation I assume?

There shouldn't be. You aren't looking to put the card in a desk drawer or anything, just free up some airspace. I think caddi daddi used one for something recently. It just seemed to me the most cost effective solution to your problem. Motherboards and liquid cooling can get expensive. :)

There shouldn't be. You aren't looking to put the card in a desk drawer or anything, just free up some airspace. I think caddi daddi used one for something recently. It just seemed to me the most cost effective solution to your problem. Motherboards and liquid cooling can get expensive. :)

yes as long as 2 screws are enough to support the weight of the card since there's no motherboard supporting the card

If it's mounted on its side there won't be as much stress along the plane of the card. The PCB is much more rigid when perpendicular to the pull of gravity. And if your case has a window it's a good opportunity to show off the cool bits of the card that are normally hidden. LOL

If it's mounted on its side there won't be as much stress along the plane of the card. The PCB is much more rigid when perpendicular to the pull of gravity. And if your case has a window it's a good opportunity to show off the cool bits of the card that are normally hidden. LOL

can't do that sadly because the way my bridges are . also means I have to ditch the hb bridge

Ahh. Well if you can't go for looks, can you still get a longer SLI bridge and take advantage of a riser cable? Looks aren't everything-I've been married twice. LMAO

Back