• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZOTAC 1070 AMP OWNERS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The riser is a bad idea for this case. He won't get SLI unless the riser's are used on both GPU's side by side.

I also looked at this MB's manual.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Since you have a 28 lane CPU, you can only do x16/x8 at the most.

Back on topic, have you tried switching the top GPU with the bottom one to give it the best airflow possible as it just might be a toasty GPU and have you checked the GPU's ASIC quality? Try a few more things before you dip into your pocket. Could just be bad case airflow. I will say I'm surprised to see these type of temps on a GTX 1070.

The riser is a bad idea for this case. He won't get SLI unless the riser's are used on both GPU's side by side.

I also looked at this MB's manual.

View attachment 182582

View attachment 182583

Since you have a 28 lane CPU, you can only do x16/x8 at the most.

Back on topic, have you tried switching the top GPU with the bottom one to give it the best airflow possible as it just might be a toasty GPU and have you checked the GPU's ASIC quality? Try a few more things before you dip into your pocket. Could just be bad case airflow. I will say I'm surprised to see these type of temps on a GTX 1070.

I never tried doing that ..both cards are running at 2 ghz and 500+ memory oc. . voltage and power limit are also maxed . ziptying the 200mm fan to the cards seems to help ..

Putting them back to stock would help. It's not as if you need the horsepower. Gains are only a couple percent considering how much boost already ramps up.

Back on topic, have you tried switching the top GPU with the bottom one to give it the best airflow possible as it just might be a toasty GPU ...

I recommended this in his other thread. He claimed that he did try it. I'm assuming I didn't word the question very well.

Blaylock said:
I highly doubt water cooling is a necessity. What are the ambient temps in your room? Have you tried switching the cards around? I'll assume the front fans are intake and rear is exhaust. It's hard to tell from that pic but it looks like another intake at bottom?

EDIT: I just read a review on the Amp Extreme. I know it's not identical to yours but it may serve as a good reference point. It seems they used a decent amount of TIM and the contact was more than adequate. They did mention that the fans only spin when under heavy load. Have you verified that they are spinning. Sounds funny I know but I'm just trying to cover all the basics.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...tive-airflow?p=7953387&viewfull=1#post7953387

Back