• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZOTAC Mini ITX 1080P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DangerDanDanger

Looking for a little help with a Zotac MiniItx board with 6050 nvidia onboard graphics I use for my HTPC. I have a Sempron 2.2 dual core in there now, and occasionally I have stuttering on 720p + resolution video (I mostly stream video). 2GB Ram and OCZ Agility 2 SSD.

Modded an old x600 Radeon (cutting off everthing after the second rows 7th pin) to work with the boards only slot, a PCIe 1x. Windows 7 does not acknowledge that there is any card installed. Read where Pcie 1x's can sometimes not be powered to run a video card. Too lazy right now to install the card into my main rig to test it. Didn't find an option to disable video in motherboard's BIOS, which I've read will make the MB acknowledge the video card. Did find an option to disable it in WIN7, but if this doesn't work, I won't have any video anymore.

The motherboard states that it can only accept a 65w processor. Will upgrading to a low power quad core help my problem? Does anyone have this board and had any luck with the PCIe 1x slot, like with using a modded x16 to fit or a x1 solution like ZOTAC's x1 Ion card.

Thanks alot, and any ideas are appreciated. Merry XMAS!!!!

Sounds like a video card issue mainly if you search you could probably find a cheap low profile card with zero issues even at large resolutions. My buddy at work has the same issue with a 2.4 dual core. he bought the gt210 for under $50 runs hdmi with no stuttering

My only experience with HTPC is with a very small flat panel. My experience is that the CPU carries most of the load, not the GPU. Run Task Manager>Performance tab and check the load on the CPU. My sense is that you need at least a dual core CPU running at least about 2 ghz. to do HTPC even at modest resolutions. Of course, the graphics side needs enough ram to handle the resolution and color depth you are working with but I don't think gpu potency is so much the issue.

Back