• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dremel vs pile of shame.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just been tidying the demolition site up and its occured to me theres enough essential parts here to make a whole new case from just the back plate for holding the cards and the mainboard plate... im a happy bunny now for next time I fancy a modding session :clap:

Also found these to grab
lcdgreen.jpg
green flavour for cosmetic purposes
14temp-probe.jpg
should go nice in the base of the res (no restriction sat there and should get plenty of flow)

so the front panel
front.jpg
two pointless temp probes and a power light #power light Chuckles#
suppose it can tell me if theres any fault before the pump and fans anyhow :shrug:

need to get thinking up the stencil for the front now, hmmm
gloss black and silver and made to compliment the grills... other than that no idea exactly what just now.

should look ok with the blue controller lights then green display and blue display to compliment the clown fans.
note the middle fan in the front of the armoursuit is turquoise coloured but cameras and video fail to show it.

hoping the mesh and lights will land tomorrow by my calculations (not the delivery companies #Laughs#)

also thinking of grabbing a small plastic box from the electronics shop to stuff all the spaghetti wiring from the fan controller. It makes it easyer to sort out for cleaning the rads and removing duff fans in the future (fact I get to keep a little rats nest to play with has nothing in the equation :rolleyes:)

I guessed wrong my parts have landed
bits.jpg

fair bit of spare mesh to play with too by the looks :clap:

im off for some clowning experiments...

Yep they do use 12v
note checked them over and both were faulty!

one had a gash in the wiring sleeve

the other the connector dropped off the plug and the sleeves to insulate the switch pins slipped off two

:shrug: :rolleyes:

anyhow rough preview.
mesh.jpg
POW! ive seen worse effects in sci-fi series #Grins#

grills.jpg
now were clownin! is it a firework display? (depends how many more lights I throw in I suppose #HE he#)

caths.jpg
lookin serious :cool:

Last edited:
Ahah! I just knew there had to be a wire explosion somewhere!

Fantastic job!

I plan to keep it as a little pet spaghetti... going to get its own little box to wriggle about in.

think ive settled on the location of the cathodes anyhow... no point sticking them in until its been sprayed though.

just used some of that mesh to make a natty 140mm fan grill... handy stuff.

best get thinking that front plate design up :D

mix.jpg
yep, think im done with the spaceship effects side of things.

enough with the glowing things... #Grins#

you could count the fly`s as they wonder into the fans... think they confuse it for a bug zapper (there not very smart ;) #Laughs#)

all the lights can be rigged up for turning off.... takw about hour and half to get round them all, hmmm maybe a giant kill switch for them all.

not really a problem for me because much as I like it... well im not taking it to bed with me #Chuckles#

ive done with the special effects anyhow... need another triple to cool them all #Laughs#

swine... I used to say that #Laughs#

yeh well if slimer turns up I know who im gonna call :p

you use that vortex to catch them I take it?

#Laughs#

yep its a technical setback until I locate some 35mm long bolts the same thread as the swiftech.

tried three different lots so far... time to go and get them measured up and find some exact matches.

Back