• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump controller??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jayfunk

Hey... just got this pump/rez combo

came with a alphacool vpp755 pump installed. Just wondering is it possible to control the speed of the pump? The last pump rez combo i got had buttons etc. This one only has the sata power and a 4 pin plug with two wires. I was told this was the pump controller cable and I plugged it in to the cpu fan header is this right? how to control the pump? seems to work not the most powerful but its doin it... thanks in advance1!!

ps... on a side note im using the old school CoolIT TEC coolers just for the cpu. Ive always put them before the cpu so it has cool water going to it? is this right or should the TECs go after the cpu? cheers

That's right. It goes into a fan header. Control the header through the BIOS or Windows software for w/e motherboard you have. It may be temp-controlled, that header, so it's not spinning up. You may have a pump header that runs full tilt or, again, adjust the one it's on.

According to your link the pump has a 1-5 manual speed setting. Have you set it to 5 so you can slow it down with the motherboard?

LaingD5.jpg

Be advised that particular pump (Alphacool VPP755) has a bushing/washer that get's worn out and you have to replace it.

Back