• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec SX1030b build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DjWolf37

Registered
I am finially making some progress on my "new" build. This is the first case I bought when it first came out years ago. I recently decided to reuse it for my new desktop.

I replaced the front two 80mm fans with two 120mm fans on my front radiator. Next I added a dual 80mm radiator on the rear 80mm fans. Then I added two 120mm fans on the top of the case with a radiator. I also found a used case which I took the side door off of since it had a window and a place for another 80mm fan. Then I added a fill port on top of the case and a LCD display for the temperature of the fluid coming off of the CPU. Lastly I added dust filters to all the fans other than the one on the door.

Here are some pics of the work in progress, and yes it needs to be painted :rofl::

Front
1321811761.jpg

1321811823.jpg

Side
1321811805.jpg

Rear
1321811839.jpg

I still need to add two 80mm fans on the rear radiator and one 120mm fan for the top radiator. I also need to add a switch to the cutout to the left of the LCD display. Then I can start installing all the hardware once I finish leak testing it. Here is a list of parts for my work in progress.

Specs of internal parts:
Asus Sabertooth 990fx
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE Deneb 3.4GHz 125W AM3 Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR Vengeance (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
XFX HD-687X-CNFC
ASUS Black SATA Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS
Seagate Momentus 500GB 2.5IN SATA 7200RPM (boot drive)
Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB 3.5IN SATA 5900RPM (storage drive)
AKASA 3.5" USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Memory Card Reader
Akasa USB 3.0 PCIe Card
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W

Specs for Water cooling:
Danger Den fill port
Fester clear fluid
PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 3/8" ID (black)
Rosewill 2 Ball Bearing Blue LED Case Fans
Black Ice® GT Stealth 120 (located at top)
Black Ice GTX Xtreme M160 (located at rear)
Black Ice GTX Xtreme 120 (Located at front)
Lamptron Elite Aluminum Tubing Clamps
FrozenQ Fusion Dual Bay reservoir w/ Fixed D5 pump
EK Supreme HF CPU Block

Last edited:
Thats a solid case, should last forever. The front grille on that case sucks for airflow though, I know as the old Antec Performance Plus 660AMG had the same front on it. Had that case through 3 different builds.

Back