• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Project Redefine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Before going any further, let's have a round of photos and thanks for our sponsor - Cooler Master.

Cooler Master was kind enough to send a power supply for use with this build, their Silent Pro Hybrid (or SPH) 1300W. Honestly, I asked for a SPH 850W because this thing is overkill, but when they offered up a 1300W unit instead, how could I turn them down??

cm-psu-redefine-01.jpg

cm-psu-redefine-05.jpg

cm-psu-redefine-06.jpg

There is enough connectivity here to power pretty much anything you can imagine fitting in one system. It comes with: M/B 24 pins x 1, CPU 4 + 4 pins x 2, PCI-e 6+2 pins x 8 (yes, EIGHT), SATA x 12, Peripheral 4 pins x 5, Floppy 4 pins x 1, Fan cable 3 pins x 3.

Not only does it come with an insane amount of cables, it has its own fan controller. It can control the PSU's fan manually or automatically and can control up to three case fans.

cm-psu-redefine-12.jpg

cm-psu-redefine-13.jpg

As PSU's go, it's a good looking one; not too flashy, but still has a bit of flare.

cm-psu-redefine-07.jpg

cm-psu-redefine-08.jpg

cm-psu-redefine-10.jpg

There is only one +12V rail that puts out a LOT of amperage, so don't go shorting it out, k?

cm-psu-redefine-09.jpg

They even put a nice looking bezel around the intake fan.

cm-psu-redefine-14.jpg

Don't just take my word for it that this is a beast of a PSU. Our own Bobnova tortured one of these last January and it passed all his tests with flying colors. Check out his review right here.

cm-psu-redefine-11.jpg

Thanks for the assist putting this system together Cooler Master!

Back