• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bsel mod the T7200. How did MikeyLikesItSI do it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

naton

Hi

After searching the net for days I found that MikeyLikesItSI stickers/signature shows that he managed to pin mod his T7200 to run @ 2.4Ghz.

I have a gateway with a similar motherboar as his MT3705.

So how did he do it?

Thanks

its not possible to pin mod the T7200 any faster. more then likly he used a "software" program to oc the cpu. the reason why its not possible is its a socket M cpu. the only socket M chipset is 945GM, which only supports 667mhz max fsb. GM965 and GM45 are both Socket P, which is socket M rotated 90 degrees. putting the pins in a different location between the two sockets.

do you have a link to this persons thread and or post to show his sig?

Hi guys and thanks for getting back to me.

its not possible to pin mod the T7200 any faster. more then likly he used a "software" program to oc the cpu. the reason why its not possible is its a socket M cpu. the only socket M chipset is 945GM, which only supports 667mhz max fsb. GM965 and GM45 are both Socket P, which is socket M rotated 90 degrees. putting the pins in a different location between the two sockets.

His and my gateway laptop uses the ATI X200M chipset. So as everyone know a pin mod from 533mhz FSB to a 667mhz FSB is possible.

I think that MikeyLikesItSI has manage to pin mod the Bsel from an FSB of 667mhz to 800mhz

do you have a link to this persons thread and or post to show his sig?
Below is his sig. and a link to one of his post:

Main Rig: ASUS P5K Premium w/Q6600 @ 3.7ghz : EVGA 9800GX2 745/1090/1850 : Swiftech Apogee : Corsair TX750W

Laptop: Gateway MT3705 w/T7200 BSEL modded @ 2.4ghz : Stock cooling : gHey 200M onboard video

2nd Rig: ABIT AI7 w/ Celeron D 310 @ 4.0ghz : EVGA GeForce MX4000 : Ninja scythe w/120mm delta 72CFM : Antec TP550

3rd Rig: ASUS P4S800 w/ Pentium 4 M 2.8 @ 3.4ghz : Zalman 92mm HSF: Rosewill 450w

http://dev.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3991458

MikeyLikesItSI do it was is a member here maybe able to pm him for infor
I tried few weeks ago but he didn't get back to me. I'm new to the forum and those are my only post. I guess that he may have thought that I'm a scamer or something and just ignored my message.

Can any of his friends try to PM him my question?

naton,
i never said pin mod from 533 to 677 wouldnt work.. for the most part all intel laptops come with a intel based chipsets. i have double checked amd's site and found this
http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonxpress200mIntel/index.html
http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2007/Apache/1014142Rsp2.shtml

might be possible to do it just need intel whitepapers but the socket M doesnt offically support 200/800mhz fsb.
http://download.intel.com/design/mobile/datashts/31407804.pdf <--goto section 3.6,see table 3 for besl pins that correspond to what fsb.
notice highest listed is 166, now you could try the other 2 listed as reserved. im betting the first one in the list is for a 100mhz fsb and the 3rd one is a possible 150mhz. now since there is 3 pads by 2 signal types you have a possible 6 different types to use for besl settings. the only 2 missing from the table would be a H-L-L and a H-H-H, its highly possible the H-H-H is a 200mhz fsb for socket M.

even ati has to adhear to what intel publishes for chipset design. now if they have a expanded the table for what bsel pins to use for 200mhz its not showing up. i have searched amd's site every which way to find any whitepapers on the 200m chipset.

alot of the pad mods,pin mods,require reading of intels whitepapers on the socket in question. now if you decided to take a stab at it with the 2 besl settings not listed in intels whitepapers. here is another section you need to go to in the listed intel PDF doc, table 12 on page 50 and table 13 on page 51, the besl pins are locatated on table 13 though.

**Doign the besl mod incorrectly can possibly kill hardware. You do so at your own risk!! i will not be held responsible for any damage to your computer and/or laptop.**

*edit*
i thought for the most part i was correct that you couldnt pin mod the Socket M from 667 to 800. after reading the whitepapers it does look possible after all.

Last edited:
So as everyone know a pin mod from 533mhz FSB to a 667mhz FSB is possible.
I meant that the move from from 533mhz FSB to a 667mhz FSB is only successful with ATI based chipsets and not with Intel's. Whith intel chips the CPU after pin mod will be locked at it lowest multiplier... well this was true a while ago... unless someone has figured out a fix... let me know if you're aware of such a fix.

I checked the document you're referring to a while ago. I opened this thread because the 200mhz FSB is not in the datasheet while MikeyLikesItSI claims in his sig. that he's found it.

I know how to go from High to Low (Vid + Vss = Low). But I don't know how to go from a logical Low to a logical High. Any help?

i thought for the most part i was correct that you couldnt pin mod the Socket M from 667 to 800. after reading the whitepapers it does look possible after all.
Are you basing this assumption on the two Bsel combination missing from the Bsel table?

would I damage both motherboard and CPU or only CPU? if it's only the CPU, I have Celeron M420 that I could test with.

I meant that the move from from 533mhz FSB to a 667mhz FSB is only successful with ATI based chipsets and not with Intel's. Whith intel chips the CPU after pin mod will be locked at it lowest multiplier... well this was true a while ago... unless someone has figured out a fix... let me know if you're aware of such a fix.

I checked the document you're referring to a while ago. I opened this thread because the 200mhz FSB is not in the datasheet while MikeyLikesItSI claims in his sig. that he's found it.

I know how to go from High to Low (Vid + Vss = Low). But I don't know how to go from a logical Low to a logical High. Any help?

Are you basing this assumption on the two Bsel combination missing from the Bsel table?

would I damage both motherboard and CPU or only CPU? if it's only the CPU, I have Celeron M420 that I could test with.
well that is wrong Nat... on socket M you can pin mod with no problems on a intel chipset from 533 to 667. the only time i have seen issues with the multi's being locked is on socket P based boards. they can still run the slower fsb but the cpu of course needs to be for that socket.

well yes i have to assume that one of the 2 missing combinations will result in the 200mhz fsb as mike claims. there would be no other way to besl mod looking at intels spec sheed for the fsb table. like i said before it would only be possible with a software based fsb ocing util, ie in windows.

i use ot have alot of this down for besl modding give me just a bit to reread my older posts..

ok after reading this thread you will see why i forgot, way back from 2007. i have slept since then! :)
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=498167&highlight=pad+mod

any way, the only way to have it read as high is to break off the pin. or some how wrap that pin in a thin piece of paper to block the board from seeing that pin. another way that MIGHT work, use a piece of wire, from a stranded speaker cable, thin gauge would be needed for this. then have the wire in a U shape and put it into the besl pin that reads HIGH to the LOW pin.

*edit*
test with the CM first, but you do run the chance of killing both laptop motherboard and the cpu. that is why my warning about about doing this... as i want people in general if they find this thread and do it to pay really close attention to what they are doing.

Mate thanks for the link I'll read it in a bit.

I'm confused about the pin mod from 533 to 667 with intel chipset because of this:
http://www.notebookforums.com/thread174106.html

I found a link of someone who pin modded fom 667 to 800 on an intel chip, but his multiplier was locked at it's lowest:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=154324

nothing to be confused about, the first link doesnt give all the info... laptops carry EIST, so at idle the multi will drop to 6x. even with the pin mod in place...

the second link his was forced to 6x because of some kind of trip either in the bios or with the chipset.

which is what i have been seeing, when i tried to help people with their laptops. like i said the forcing of the lowest multi only happens on Socket P, GM965 and GM45 boards... while GM45 is new and havent been able to prove multi locking with pin modding yet. i am still under the assumtion the same lock would be in place just as on GM965.

Thanks Eilsizer.

I won't try the pin mod yet bacause the Gateway is my only laptop. Well actually I have a second laptop that needs a new screen. So as soon as I fix the dell I'll try the pin mod in the Gateway

after doing some reseach on another BSEL mod, that you might find interesting... you might call this guess work but there isnt much guessing here. according to the whitepapers/datasheets. we know they have 3 BSEL pins/pads the cpus are using now vs 2 for 478 cpus. now what this means is that for current Core(solo or duo)/Core2(solo or duo) as well as the new Qx Core2 mobile. the BSEL signals are all the same, if you want to double check me your going to have to go thru a lot of docs on intels site. i used excel to make some tables i started with LGA cpus being Core2 based(though the bsel mods can be used on all LGA cpus). then i moved onto the mobile cpus, those with the same fsb has the exact same BSEL settings, which is how i made my "guess" if you will. these BSEL settings apply to all 900's chipsets and higher with core/core2 based cpus. what this means now is that we have one table for apply BSEL mods to cpus currently in use by intel. this how ever will not work with NEHA, im expecting into to use more "BSEL" pins to tell the chipset what fsb it is. my first guess at the number of possibles was wrong.... according to the tables in intel docs and combining the data per the signals, we have 8 different BSEL settings.

Ok so on to the 677mhz to 800mhz BSEL mod:
the 667Mhz/166MHz fsb BSEL setting is L/H/H, the 200MHz/800MHz BSEL setting is L/H/L. Connect the "L" BSEL to the "H" one to make "L", as "L" is ground. It will ground out that "H" to show "L". making that if you need to make a "L" = "H" you need to isolate or break off the "L" pin.

Now if your really brave i will suggest a 667Mhz to 1066Mhz BSEL mod:
as for 266MHz fsb you would then need to connect BSEL2 to BSEL0 from the board since that one currently is set to "H". now your prolly wondering how i found this out? well according to the docs for the new QX mobile cpu it has a 1066. now like i stated before all the cpus in question right now from intel use 3 pins/pads for BSEL signaling. i guess the only question is can the cpu handle that clock with no voltage increase for a 1066MHz BSEL mod.

**this mod(s) is more then likly to work 100% on socket M cpus. As no one has reported the multi being locked on Socket M setups after the BSEL mod. as the reports of others doing BSEL mods on Socket P cpus stated the multi was being locked to 6x**

***edit***
taken out...
****EDIT2*****
removing edit 1 cause the info is wrong on that mod...
***EDIT3***
here is a BSEL Table for Socket M/P

Attachments

• Intel BSEL Table Socket M-P.JPG
    Intel BSEL Table Socket M-P.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 9,304
Last edited:
I just realised that you've added more posts.

Thanks for the additional info :)

keep us posted if it works.. im interested if it does since i could mod the T5600 i have in rig #4.

Back