• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Undo accident with gparted?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
I was in a rush and accidentally deleted a partition(and clicked "apply") in gparted, that housed my backed-up files on a PATA drive. :bang head
In gparted under Edit, the "undo last operation" feature is grayed out, is there any hope for recovery?

I'm off to jury duty for the day; I really hope that this stupid disaster can be undone.

:cry:

Seems like there would be, I think it only deleted the info saying the location of the data & the data is still there.

if you havent formatted or done anything reconstructing teh partition walls will usually restore your data. I have done this before without consequence but as always YMMV!

also if you can try testdisk.

Testdisk saved my bacon- thanks guys! Whew, I can't be doing this again, maybe need to set up daily backups to a machine that I can't touch and screw up. :rolleyes:

Hey now what am i chopped liver?

I suggested it first I just didnt put the fancy how-to link :p

Hey now what am i chopped liver?

I suggested it first I just didnt put the fancy how-to link :p

Stratus_ss,

very shortly after I posted, I noticed that you did in fact mention testdisk, and edited my post from "thanks Shelnutt" to "thanks guys", but alas- the post got viewed in its original form. :shrug:

Back