• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Alphacool Eisblock HDX-2 M.2 / PCIe Cooler/ RAID results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
As I promissed, here are couple of tests of Alphacool Eisblock HDX-2 SSD cooler with PCIe controller.

Couple of photos.

AC_HDX2_pht5.jpg

AC_HDX2_pht7.jpg

AC_HDX2_pht4.jpg

AC_HDX2_pht11.jpg

AC_HDX2_pht12.jpg

AC_HDX2_pht1.jpg

AC_HDX2_pht23.jpg

AC_HDX2_pht24.jpg

Review has been published here.

For tests I used ASUS X299 TUF Mark 2 motherboard and two Patriot Hellfire 240GB M.2 NVMe SSD.
Because of Intel's politics there are some limitations regarding RAID and it's simply not working without hardware key so for RAID tests has been used software "RAID". Simply stripped dynamic volume in Win10. Performance is about the same as on Intel RST.

Last edited:
First result is single drive, second is in RAID.

AC_HDX2_res1.jpg

AC_HDX2_res1r.jpg

AC_HDX2_res2.jpg

AC_HDX2_res2r.jpg

The HDX-2 is a simple way to run SSD above DMI limits so ~3.9GB/s ( for all devices ). Random bandwidth is also a bit better than on M.2 sockets on Z270 motherboard but it can be also matter of drivers or something else.
I couldn't measure temps of the SSD under load. I will check that again in other soft and maybe it will read it. However these SSD are not overheating like some Samsungs so I don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Back