• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon Fire 5th Gen tablet ( Model KFFOWI ) wpnt boot/dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

addy80

This is very informative and very useful post .. I really appreciate it ..

I have Amazon Fire 5th Gen tablet ( Model KFFOWI ) and it is somehow not booting. It is completely dead. When I plug it to computer I hear a device connection sound but tab is not appearing in device manager or in PC.

Please help me how I can solve this issue and can install a new software or recover my tab.

I moved your post to your own thread. The previous thread was about how to upgrade the OS, not for troubleshooting. :)

This is very informative and very useful post .. I really appreciate it ..

I have Amazon Fire 5th Gen tablet ( Model KFFOWI ) and it is somehow not booting. It is completely dead. When I plug it to computer I hear a device connection sound but tab is not appearing in device manager or in PC.

Please help me how I can solve this issue and can install a new software or recover my tab.
Try getting into the recovery mode. Hold power and volume down at the same time until the screen comes up. There should be a small basic menu. Use the volume buttons to navigate and select "wipe data/factory reset" (WARNING: this will delete EVERYTHING on your tablet), then tap the power button to execute.

If you can't get into recovery, it is well and truly dead. Godspeed.

Ok dear thanks

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Try getting into the recovery mode. Hold power and volume down at the same time until the screen comes up. There should be a small basic menu. Use the volume buttons to navigate and select "wipe data/factory reset" (WARNING: this will delete EVERYTHING on your tablet), then tap the power button to execute.

If you can't get into recovery, it is well and truly dead. Godspeed.

I tried every thing but cant get int recovery. So if it is dead then do I cant do anything to recover it??

Ok dear thanks

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I tried every thing but cant get int recovery. So if it is dead then do I cant do anything to recover it??
Sorry but if you can't get into recovery it's almost certainly dead. There is almost nothing (and I only qualify almost because I simply don't know everything) on the user side that could corrupt recovery on a Fire tablet like that. If you can't get into recovery to reset it, it's time for a replacement.

Back