• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't physically cut any bridges!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pctuner@amd

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME AS I HAVE SOLD OTHERS DEAD OR
All it takes to open a bridge is a 9 volt battery and a pair of test leads from a digital multimeter. if you use the 9 volt to short the bridge (positive on one dot negative on the other) the bridge will pop just like a fuse and thereby not causing any physical damage to the cpu and if something really goes wrong AMD won't know that the bridge was cut a might honor the warantee, thats if you don't have the morals enough to ecept that you messed something up and want to trick them to fix it.. I used a nine volt to hardcode my proc and it worked perfectly, no visible sign at all. And I didn't have to dig into the proc with a blade...:cool:

AHHHHH!!!

Why didn't you tell me that before???!?! That's a great idea...

Frig. I would probably not have the problems I've been having if I had known that!

Damn.....:mad:

You can do this with any Amd proc. the bridge is simply a small strip of copper wire that connects pins I.E. dots as I call them. A nine volt will simply blow them like a fuse when shorted and cause no physical damage...

so even after you blow it it will not have any effects whatsoever. :eek:

How come nobody has doen this before? :eh?:

Because mabye some people don't do enough research before they jump in with both feet and mess something up. I was working with my own $300 proc. as well as other peoples procs and I wanted to find the best way instead of trial and error. This is the best way tried and true by myself and few others. If you don't believe me cut away and when its screwed up AMD won't even consider a warantee... I've been overclocking for years and I know quite a bit myself. I'm putting a peltier rig on my proc tommorrow and v-modding my board and when I'm through It will be a true 2.5 gig stable a.k.a xp3500...maybe at 400fsb which in sandra blows away the n-force2. The kt400 soyo is a true overclockers board.:cool:

uh, im confused, why dont you link the L3 to just unlock all the mults? arent tbred b's already unlocked?

The multis from 5.5X to 12.5 are unlocked, but higher ones (that some of us need) are only available by breaking/cutting bridges on the chip....

i have tried to set my mutiplier up and was unable to cut bridges on my new cpu. i will be trying again. i have heard about the 9 volt battery trick on another forum. but i also heard a person fried his cpu doing that. but he probly didnt know how to do it porperly.

ok... so lemme get this straight... you just short out ONE bridge adn it unlocks the multias from 12.5 and above... or would it be 13 and above? is hat right? thats al lyou need to do to unlock the higher multies? which bridge?:D :D :D :confused:

This is a great idea..had I already not unlocked my palamino :(

I dare to say that this is the first time that this idea has been thought of. Congrats PCTuner, in the future, people will refer to you as the pioneer of this technique!

I wonder if this would be enough to unlock my xp1600 on my 8kha+? (kt266a) So basicly the same bridge that you would do on a normal unlock, but with a battery instead? Does it matter which way you have the + and -?

1600+

got to close the L1's first if an older one, then the motherboard has a lot to do with the multi's available.

if your board can't deliver the x's properly above 12.5 (kinda like my 8k3a+, some work, some don't), you may find the whole exercise pointless.

just my take.

baldy:cool:

Yeah, you don't "pop" the bridge with a battery to UNLOCK. Unlocking involves CONNECTING the bridge(s) on the L1's if they are already cut from the factory.

We are referring to "popping" the 5th L3 bridge on a Thoroughbred CPU to add 8X to the current 5.5X-12.5X multis.

For example, if I set 7X in my BIOS the CPU would end up at 15X.
7+8=15..... See?

I've heard/read about this a long time ago, tried to find someone 2 months ago that would verify this could be done (of course, no one could/knew anything about it).

Thanks for the confirmation pctuner.

I have read about this somewhere else, seems pretty logical to me, this was quite some time ago as well.

Back