• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't physically cut any bridges!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Farleytron said:
Yeah, you don't "pop" the bridge with a battery to UNLOCK. Unlocking involves CONNECTING the bridge(s) on the L1's if they are already cut from the factory.

We are referring to "popping" the 5th L3 bridge on a Thoroughbred CPU to add 8X to the current 5.5X-12.5X multis.

For example, if I set 7X in my BIOS the CPU would end up at 15X.
7+8=15..... See?

I follow you completly. I'll be getting a t-bred b sometime soon, just waiting for the dust to settle. I guess I'll start thinking about it then. Thanks for the explanation. ;)

one I blow the bridge, no matter what, 8X will be added to my multipliers? If I used physical, I could reatatch, couldnt I?

You can reattach either way but with physical You'll have to worry about fillig the gaps, popping them causes no surface damage so there is no gap. it just seperates the two dots...:D

i still dont understand dude explain and tell me what bridges to pop and ill force my dad to do the poofing trick and if it dont work well he did it not me and hell end up buying a new cpu for us hehehe:D :D what a good deal zap goes my cpu and new one comes

1-Man-Army said:
i still dont understand dude explain and tell me what bridges to pop and ill force my dad to do the poofing trick and if it dont work well he did it not me and hell end up buying a new cpu for us hehehe:D :D what a good deal zap goes my cpu and new one comes

it works by sending too much current too fast through the bridge. I gather they are supposed to act like fuses, and naturally fuses blow when too much power goes through them. 9volt batteries have a lot of juice and I take it the bridges don't take kindly to being zapped. I wonder what it's doing to the innards though .:(

its a lot like a fuse... the conductor cant handle that charge soit kinda burns up and severs the connection (i am right there pctuner right?):D :D :D

hey i no whos crazy enough to try this TOM form toms hardware guide i bet if we ask him to he will hehehe lets hope it works for him and he makes a movie of it thats if he trys

to hell that I am gonna willingly let an OCer get Tom to do something for us.....

Anyway, can you please explain how to do this, like, exactly? Any pics of what to do? I think I will fidell with my new CPU and decide if I want a higher multi than available. This is a great solution for those with crappy ram.

one man army... im sure he isn't lying so calm down before i bring my 2 man army over there... (sorry couldnt help it) but what i would like to know is if you have BRAND new proc and this is all you do to is dose it do anthing at all?:D :D :D

Last edited:
To do this you would have have it set on the OHM meter. To test connductivity the OHM meter sends out 9v of current through whatever it is testing to see if it is conductive or or not. However if you put it on something that is conductive but can't handle the juice gets very hot and eventually fries. So in this case what starts out as | goes to this although probably not as clean :.

Shawn

1-Man-Army said:
oh so we need a dmm to fry the bridges by seting it to ohms and puting both of the leads on one bridge and it frys the bridge?

Not from what I gather, you need to connect wiring to the end of the 9v, attach the wiring to something with a pointed edge (that's why the Volt-meter/tester leads were mentioned, they have a pointed end)... and with the end touch one side of the bridge and with the other end touch the other side. This causes a simple circuit, the 9v battery causes the VERY think copper connection to heat like a fuse and break.

Back