• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BOINC SETI Avatar Set

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enkidu

Ok the previews got pretty much solidly positive feedback - so I am posting the full avatar set. I am also attaching them to this thread in case web hosting goes down, etc.

Also in the attachments you will find the full photoshop (PSD) file, layers and layer sets intact. I am posting this so any of you who want to do mods don't have to start from scratch - all I ask is that since I'm posting all of this freely for all to use, that if you make cool mods you do the same - you can post as a reply - or whatever.

I did not do different colors for each rank milestone - but - lucky for those of you who want it - since I am posting the PSD you can do it yourself to your liking :)

Sorry the list is so freaking long - really wish I could put them in a nice table :)
PM me if you have any questions or trouble, etc.

enkidu_avatar_black_blank.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t5.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t10.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t15.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t20.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t25.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t30.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t40.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t50.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t75.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t100.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t150.jpg

enkidu_avatar_black_t200.jpg

Attachments

• PSD File - enkidu_avatar_black_t.zip
    80.2 KB · Views: 604
  • enkidu_avatar_black_blank.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_blank.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,501
  • enkidu_avatar_black_t5.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t5.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,416
  • enkidu_avatar_black_t10.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t10.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,399
  • enkidu_avatar_black_t15.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t15.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,438
Last edited:
Next 5 attachments... (top 20 through top 50)

Attachments

• enkidu_avatar_black_t20.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t20.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,428
  • enkidu_avatar_black_t25.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t25.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,394
  • enkidu_avatar_black_t30.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t30.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,386
  • enkidu_avatar_black_t40.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t40.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,379
  • enkidu_avatar_black_t50.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t50.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,390
Final series in the set - (top 75 through top 200)

Attachments

• enkidu_avatar_black_t75.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t75.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • enkidu_avatar_black_t100.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t100.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,409
  • enkidu_avatar_black_t150.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t150.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,374
  • enkidu_avatar_black_t200.jpg
    enkidu_avatar_black_t200.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,407
Last edited:
Very nice. Changed mine. You really know it means something when I gave up my budlight one for this.

zulfy26 said:
Gah, why doesn't it let me have an avatar? Do i have to give it money or something?

babyboosdaddy said:
YES i would really love this for my avatar , IF i can ever figure out how to display one at all , any help gets many thanks

Do note that the forums are currently configured such that you must have 50 posts before you can use an avatar.

Hang in there - I'm sure you'll both get there :) When you do: Click Quick Links and then Edit Avatar (Until you have 50 posts, you won't even have the buttons visible on that screen to use an avatar).

Can you make a general BOINC avatar same as Overclockers BOINC SETI team avatar and just make it say Overclockers BOINC team for those of us participating in multiple projects?

Also sent you a PM Enkidu.... nice avatars BTW

Responded to PM. For others:

That's my plan. I have a few problems though: Most people have commented to me they like the seti avatar I did because its "classy" and somewhat subtle. The BOINC logo however is totally cheesy very "loud" so I'm not sure I'll be able to integrate that without it looking pretty lame - we'll see. The other problem is that there is no high-res version of the boinc logo even if I did want to use it - so I'll have to create a vectored version basically, going to take some work :)

I've been working crazy hours for the last few weeks, hopefully that has settled down now - still going to be at least a week before I start the process though :)

Enk

What are the rules on using them? What stat do we use? Recent credit or total credit, both. Do you need to keep that place to keep using it and if you do drop below the placement how long before need to replace it? We need ANSWERS here!!!

You are responsible of the use of the avatar. If you want to keep the highest rank you have achieved, then so be it. If you want to keep it upfated on your current rank, be my guest. Most of the times we are using Total credit and compare it to all the members of the team, but you can use it for RAC also :D

There you are, the answers you were seeking young padawan :D

Sorry Skotti - for some reason I didn't see a new post in this thread :)

As Mictlan says - use of the avatar is on the honor system, though improper use may result in merciless taunting and harassment :) :)

I created the avatar based on Total Credit not RAC - I would recommend (To avoid confusion) that if you want to use it as a RAC avater, you just grab the PSD file I include above, fire up photoshop and add change "Top 50" (for example) to "Top 50 - RAC" - you'll need to re-center of course.

Ultimately - I'm not the avatar cop though, so use as you see fit.

Enjoy!
Enk

Back