• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brolloks Xeon vs 920 D0 comparison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok guys, it's been like 4 hours since I posted here and I am eagerly waiting:D
It's like you people sleep or something
Brolloks, wake up...:bang head:beer:

I just ordered an E0 yesterday and now I am thinking about the 3520:eek:

Because there are issues with the memory multi that some people don't like. I can't say it's all motherboards that have this issue, but there are only two multi options from what I have seen 2:8 and 2:10.

Ok guys, it's been like 4 hours since I posted here and I am eagerly waiting:D
It's like you people sleep or something
Brolloks, wake up...:bang head:beer:

I just ordered an E0 yesterday and now I am thinking about the 3520:eek:

E0? Do you mean D0?

Because there are issues with the memory multi that some people don't like. I can't say it's all motherboards that have this issue, but there are only two multi options from what I have seen 2:8 and 2:10.

I've read it's only the Asus boards, and a BIOS update should resolve the issue.

yes, D0 sorry...jumping the revisions a bit:beer:

So is it documented officially that the xeons handle thermal conditions
better than the i7? Sorry guys, its just that all of this has intrigued me
and it appears that the 3520 is much better binned.

Last edited:
Intel's Spec Finder doesn't even list the 3520, so I'm not sure on the thermal spec for them. But, I do remember the X3210's G0's which were very similar to the Q6600 G0's minus a multi. The X3210 had a higher thermal spec, but in practice it OC'd the same and produced the same temps.

The main advantage I see is the guaranteed D0, but the Xeon may be a bit 'tougher' for lack of a better word.

The W3520 is in many ways similiar to the E3110 that came out soon after the E8400, it runs cooler and requires less voltage to achoive the same OC than the D0, so I would recommend the W3520 if you in the market for an i7.
Hope that helps :)

E0? Do you mean D0?

I've read it's only the Asus boards, and a BIOS update should resolve the issue.

It's been mentioned with the EVGA classified board and vanilla too. Here is a link to a thread about the Classified.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100615991&mpage=1&key=3520&#100653290

I'm not sure if it's a bios issue or a hardware issue. You see evidence pointing to both.

For the record I would still buy one if:

1. I didn't already own a D0
2. I wasn't in line to step up to a classified ($150)
3. I didn't just buy a UD3R so I wouldn't have any downtime with my classified step up ($175)

Hey Brolloks how about some temps/stability testing to compare with the D0...
This is great info and very tempting:drool:

w3520 is unavailable at newegg but the comparable 2.66ghz xeon is an e5550 but costs >$900! wtf!!

Back