• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RealTEK drivers + Windows 7 ethernet drops?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawks2

Has anyone else been experiencing random WAN drops with RealTEK drivers + W7 RTM?

Did a search and was surprised to find several threads about the issue.

I have seen the following:

1. Random network hangs/drops loading multiple tabs in browsers. At first, blazing fast and slowly "degrades", experience drops/time outs/delays when viewing web.

2. MMPORGs just refuse to stay connected for more than 1 hour.

3. Random 1014 DNS client errors.

Troubleshooting:

1. Used a different machine, different NIC card (Marvell), same RTM builds - both using same router for WAN connection. NO drops, NO MMPORG disconnects.

2. Tried secondary NIC port.

3. Updated to most recent RealTEK driver, same issue?!

Suggestions are welcome as I'm starting to lose my patience with this problem. :bang head

I have a couple machines with Realtek nics and Win 7 I'm using the newest driver right from Realtek...no issues at all.

Same. Got Realtek 8168C/8111C NIC and Windows 7 is using the default Windows drivers and it works fine, never even used the Realtek drivers. In XP I did, but so far Windows 7 has worked fine.

Windows 7 drivers worked fine out of the box. Then I loaded the Gigabyte drivers and internet disapeared altogether.

Rolled back the driver and internet was fixed. No more experiments.

Strangely, it's not something you would necessarily notice unless you had a consistent network connection and are browsing for long periods of time to different sites.

However, MMPORGs definitely drop within an hour. Last night I tried upgrading the chipset drivers with the "-overall" switch. It stayed up for over 6 hours, but it has done this before, no real consistency. Lets hope. :thup:

Back