• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 10.6 Drivers Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Installed fine. No real noticeable differences yet. Watching some Youtube 1080 still only loads GPU like 6% and CPU was at like 20% - 30%. No idea if that's any improvement as I never really looked before.

Does anyone know if these drivers include the BC2 loading fix for 4xxx cards?

The issue was first fixed in the 10.4 hotfix but was absent in the 10.4 WHQL. Strangely, it was also absent in the 10.5 WHQL and I have to use the 10.5 Hotfix drivers.

so.... is it even worth it to install these or should I just expect to wait for the hotfix again like usual?

It says it does in the release notes. The 10.5 drivers said so as well. I'll have to test with the 10.6 a little later in BC2, getting ready to head out.

One thing I noticed is they changed the install interface in the Linux install. Making it look more and more like the Windows version (which is nice to see). Hoping that means their getting ready for better drivers to keep up with the Linux version of Steam (HOPEFULLY!!!).

Load times seem the same to me in 10.6. But the 10.5 gave me faster load times with my 4870. Both 10.5 and 10.6 are faster than 10.4 and below in BC2 for me.

just tested these drivers out with a vantage run.. very nice boost!!

38849 GPU score vs. 35528 GPU score! +3321 GPU score!

Test performed on my system running @ the following...

i7 920 @ 4.0ghz
6GB G.Skill Perfect storm ram @ 1600Mhz 6/6/6/20
5970 + 5870 both @ 850/1250

Very nice results, I should be able to break 35,000 if I push the CPU overclock!

I installed these and noticed that afterward only 1/4 of my GPUs would go from idle clocks to full speed upon starting a game. The other 3 GPUs would stay at 507Mhz. All 4 GPUs were showing reasonably good utilization so it wasn't a crossfire issue, just a clocks issue.

I did a clean re-install of 10.6 and that still didn't work. I went back to 10.5 and all GPUs are working at the correct clocks in game now. I was able to install the 10.6 (6/18) application profile update on top of the 10.5 drivers so that is some consolation at least.

since installing 10.6 my furmark appears with a pink tint???? any games i run work fine, it's just furmark. tried reinstalling furmark but that didnt help! any ideas??

I tried these out and found out that overdrive isn't saving my OC settings. Made a thread about it not too long ago, but I thought I should post in here as well. Please let me know if anyone else is having the same issues.

I tried these out and found out that overdrive isn't saving my OC settings. Made a thread about it not too long ago, but I thought I should post in here as well. Please let me know if anyone else is having the same issues.

What i noticed was that, when I overclocked mine, it would stay stock, but when i actually ran a big game, it would bump it up to the clocks i had to, maybe its just keeping it stock until you need the extra power? :p

What i noticed was that, when I overclocked mine, it would stay stock, but when i actually ran a big game, it would bump it up to the clocks i had to, maybe its just keeping it stock until you need the extra power? :p

I was stress testing with furmark and it would stay at 623/933 under load on msi afterburner so I don't think that was the case for me. It just didn't want to save any settings at all. However 10.4 works perfectly.:shrug:

10.6 borked my card. After installation, I tried running Vantage, it froze on the last scene and had to hard reset the computer. Tried running Heaven 2.1 benchmark and froze on scene 25 and hard reset the computer. Rolled back to 10.5, 10.4 and 10.3, and they all have the same issues. Even ran it stock clocks. Never had problems running Vantage and Heaven until 10.6. Playing games shows no instability from the GPU. I don't dare to run Furmark until this is squared away. Used Driver Sweeper on every installment. I even increased the PCI voltage and the PC frequence to 110MHz and still freezes. Everything else runs fine. Only running Benchmark softwares for the GPU freezes my computer. What gives?
I've run Prime95 (8hrs stable) and memtest shows no errors so my cpu overclocking is straight.

Ordered an Asus 5970 and should be coming in a week. I'll keep both cards to run quadfire and hopefully my Sapphire isn't killed by 10.6

Last edited:
Back