• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime 95 FATAL ERROR - Haven't Even Overclocked Yet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randomness

Registered
Hi all,

I've seen a lot of different posts in regards to the Prime 95 Error (posted below) that I am getting, but I'm a little stumped because I havent even started Overclocking yet. I just built my rig last night and decided to run some burn in tests on my CPU (I used a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus heatsink and wanted to see what kind of results I would get with it).

Some of my parts are. Everything is still set to factory defaults:
AMD 1055T 6 Core CPU
Corsair xms3 2 x 2GB DDR3 Ram

So here is my situation.

I ran Memtest86+ --> 3 passes and no errors

I ran Prime 95, running each of the three preselected torture tests:

Small FFT's - Ran for 8 hours, 100% CPU usage, no problems, Temp never went above 48c

In-place Large FFts- Each of the 6 cores eventually stopped working, with the following error message:
"FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4"

Blend - Each of the 6 cores failed even quicker than in the In-place Large FFTs test - Same error message:

I'm confused because I have overclocked yet and I haven't changed any factory settings. Most of the posts I see about this error refer to the need to increase Vcore because of overclocking, but that hasn't been done yet.

I thought it might be the RAM, because the Small FFTs test, which stresses the cpu, didnt crash, but the blend test, which uses lots of RAM, did fail quickly. But then a ran Memtest86 and got no errors...

Obviously I'm pretty stumped right now, any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I missed any details, or if you need any more info, please ask.

Check that the stock voltage on your RAM is what your board is giving it.

And how would I go about that? Sorry, I haven't built a computer in a very long time, and when I did back in the day, I never really played around in the settings.

While it may not help, these are some of the setting I saw in the BIOS

DRAM Voltage - It says Minimum = .987V Maximum = 1.95V

Timing = 9 9 9 24

Hi all,

I've seen a lot of different posts in regards to the Prime 95 Error (posted below) that I am getting, but I'm a little stumped because I havent even started Overclocking yet. I just built my rig last night and decided to run some burn in tests on my CPU (I used a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus heatsink and wanted to see what kind of results I would get with it).

Some of my parts are. Everything is still set to factory defaults:
AMD 1055T 6 Core CPU
Corsair xms3 2 x 2GB DDR3 Ram

So here is my situation.

I ran Memtest86+ --> 3 passes and no errors

I ran Prime 95, running each of the three preselected torture tests:

Small FFT's - Ran for 8 hours, 100% CPU usage, no problems, Temp never went above 48c

In-place Large FFts- Each of the 6 cores eventually stopped working, with the following error message:

Blend - Each of the 6 cores failed even quicker than in the In-place Large FFTs test - Same error message:

I'm confused because I have overclocked yet and I haven't changed any factory settings. Most of the posts I see about this error refer to the need to increase Vcore because of overclocking, but that hasn't been done yet.

I thought it might be the RAM, because the Small FFTs test, which stresses the cpu, didnt crash, but the blend test, which uses lots of RAM, did fail quickly. But then a ran Memtest86 and got no errors...

Obviously I'm pretty stumped right now, any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I missed any details, or if you need any more info, please ask.

Check your CPU vcore - this maybe because the given (stock) voltage was too high. I know that you're running at stock but I had this issue on my i7 930 on X58-UD5.

Wow,

I just figured out what the problem was. First, let me thank you guys that replied back so quick trying to help.

So, it wasn't the memory or the cpu, it was the motherboard.

I tried a whole bunch of different things, I checked the vcores online, changed them in the BIOS...and no matter what I was either getting a blue screen of death, or the prime 95 wasn't working.

Then I tried moving the RAM to different memory slots, and low and behold, its working fine. Just to check, I switched them back to the original slots, and Prime 95 gave me the same error within 1 minute. I switched them back to the new slots, and I've been running Prime 95 for almost an hour with no problems.

Now I just need to decide if its worth it to RMA the board with the manufacturer (I bought it from Newegg, but its been over 30 days, so I guess I have to go to the manufacturer now), or if I should just keep it because two of the memory slots are working fine.

Any suggestions?

Back