• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHS 2011 Admin password recovery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DBZ

Well stupid me, I forgot the admin password to login to the system. I can still access all the files in it via my user account. I don't have the recovery usb/dvd disc that is needed to recovery the password, so is my only option is to reinstall the os? I still have the installation disc.

Well stupid me, I forgot the admin password to login to the system. I can still access all the files in it via my user account. I don't have the recovery usb/dvd disc that is needed to recovery the password, so is my only option is to reinstall the os? I still have the installation disc.

Download ophcrack live CD and boot from it... if a simple password, the live CD will work for you... Uses basic algorithms for password recovery

I've used Ophcrack many times successfully. I used an older version though. Had some issues with the newest version.

I've used Ophcrack many times successfully. I used an older version though. Had some issues with the newest version.

I've had zero issues with the newest versions... I have both, and they work great when my client fails to tell me the password...

Thanks for the all the suggestions guys, unfortunately I was not able to get any of the programs listed to work successfully for me. I even try ERDCommander and it didn't work. Ended up reinstalling and its fine now.

I don't mean to thread jack so pardon me if this is too off-topic, but I recently got into setting up a server at my place.

I originally was looking at the simplest option, Windows Home Server. Cheap, seemed easy, and all around seemed good for me. I am wondering for those of you WHS users, how do you like it? Is there anything more that could've been added or does it have all the features you'd want?

I, personally, never came thru on purchasing a copy of WHS. I got lead in the direction of AMAHI home server and haven't looked back. But, I am very curious to know how WHS is.

Back