• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot unistall Original Win 7 hotfix for BD KB 2592546

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

salsoul

Hi,

I cant seem to uninstall this update

I had to do a system restore in the last week after an OC session went bad and corrupted some sys files (lost USB use altogether & no ps2 backup KB :( )

I have checked in the installed updates and it no longer shows after the system restore, it does however show in update history as being installed. I have tried to remove the update via the console using wusa /uninstall /kb: etc...
but it throws up an error that KB2592546 is not installed.. It is definalty installed as before the hotfix was installed it was recognised by Cinebench as 8c/8t after the hotfix its seen as a 4c/8t and it currently still is seen as that. I have also tried to install the update again in order to uninstall it and it says my system has this hotfix already applied.

I tried to install the latest BD hotfix from windows and its giving me an error 80070490. which means that a file (CBS Manifest) that's needed to install updates is corrupt. and that led me to the system update readyness tool KB:947821 which repairs the (CBS Manifest). that installed succesfully.

Tried the new hotfix again, same error.

anyone offer another suggestion ive missed or overlooked ?

If you could find it in the registry (via regedit) perhaps it can be deleted from the registry manually?

If you could find it in the registry (via regedit) perhaps it can be deleted from the registry manually?

I would agree but I think this tinkered with ntoskernel and that cant be removed via registry I dont think.

ill give the reg a quick scan see what comes up

Well absoultely loads of reg entrys came up REG_DWORDS REG_SZ values

it would take just as long to manually remove them all with no gaurantee that I will have a functioning machine afterwards. hmmm.. Im not sure if the benefits outway the risk here. My pc runs fine with the old hotfix as far as I can tell, no major problems but I would like to be running the latest optimised patches for sure. I guess my choices from here are clear.. format or live with it till it becomes a problem and then format. :cry:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.4 KB · Views: 77
  • kb2592546.PNG
    kb2592546.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 114
Why not back up your whole system in a system image, remove the hotfix and if it goes wrong restore from the image?
Or is that complex storage aray i see in your signature to much of a chew on to restore if it goes wrong?

Why not back up your whole system in a system image, remove the hotfix and if it goes wrong restore from the image?
Or is that complex storage aray i see in your signature to much of a chew on to restore if it goes wrong?

Not really its quite straight forward I was just looking for an alternative before going down that route. the problem is is that the earliest system image I have is from New years Day and the hotfix was already installed. I deleted all old system images on the same day as I felt my pc was running good and no need to keep 9months of images.. less than 2 weeks later i find I need them now...:bang head... lesson learnt on that one :fight:

Back