• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Case Lighting Color? - 2012-2013 Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What's your favorite case lighting color?

• Blue

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • Green

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Red

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Orange

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Purple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • UV Reactive (Blacklight)

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Stealth Lighting (None)

Votes: 19 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
This poll is an offshoot of the previous favorite case lighting color poll. That one spanned April, 2005 through September 2012. Bobnova suggested we have one with a shorter timeframe so we can see how tastes evolve. So we'll let this one run until December 31, 2013 and with any luck, we'll remember to re-start it yearly after that.

So, vote your opinion and if you feel so inclined, tell us why you like that color.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go start us off, blue used to be my go-to color, but I wanted something different than the standard included-with-case color. Additionally, I wanted a uniform build and red matched the components. Thus, I'm going with red for this one. :D

It's white or none for me so the components won't be tinted in the lighting color.

Again, even though blue is my favorite color, I prefer no case lighting. When I turn of the lights at night, I want the room dark, not lit up like Vegas. At other times, case lighting would be distracting. I've nothing against people who like case lighting; it's just not for me.

I like blue, with a pushbutton that turns all case lighting off (Thanks Thermaltake! The Armor Revo has this button).

You know, after further consideration, I think white would be better than red. Red fans, white lighting. I'm happy with the way red turned out, but MattNo5ss is dead on - white shows off the components themselves better. Not changing my vote, I made the decision and stuck with it, but if it were to be redone... :)

EDIT - Also, I have the lights on a channel of my fan controller. They are only on when I wish them to be on.

I am the odd man once again (imagine me being odd) and choose green. seems so much softer than the other colors

I've done green tubing & lighting before. It's a pleasant change from the norm. I'd do it again given black hardware (which is what was in the green system).

Man that seems like a lifetime ago. How things have changed. Still using that res though!

I'm gonna have to say white as well, but I'm really digging the orange from the zigmatek fans if they would make lighting like that

White for me.

More specifically, I would take a Switch 810, paint the inside flat black. Throw in a pure black mobo (Gigabyte 990FX, for example), white Corsair Vengeance, black PCB video cards, and a loop with white tubing. Then throw on the white LEDs. ;)

Red here... Mostly because I tend to stick with ROG motherboards, and Corsair or GSkill RAM.

Current PC has no lighting in it though... Just boring... Not even a side window.

I would say Blue LED'S with a white case and black interior, if was to build a second PC the colour light green with white led's.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of case lighting simply because it's too bright. I have seen cases that look really super cool, but it's just not something I would put my money into. That being said, if I were to choose a color, I would go with red or UV even though I chose stealth in the poll.

Should add an option for "depends on the build." I know the design on the system board chosen for a particular build can often determine what colours are ultimately going to be used for lighting.

Back