• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
just because i have heard from a few people that bulldozer will not run 5.0 p95 stable for 30 minutes on multiplier and voltage alone, i slapped mine back together for a little proof. as you will see by the screenie it will but, it is far from ideal.
Bulldozer will run even higher but, (I am an idiot and will not tell you)adjust the voltage because the chv-f limits the vcore in the bios and the much ( I am an idiot and will not tell you) goes right around this little issue or we use ( I am an idiot and will not tell you) as i do to get around this minor issue.
OH! one more little thing, DON'T TRY DOING SOMETHING THIS STUPID AT HOME, WE ARE TRAINED RODEO CLOWNS!!!!.

Attachments

• 4170-5.0.JPG
    4170-5.0.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Iffen at sumbeenitch won't go to the big 5.0 slapper in duh rump wid sum boltages. Hehehe. Mythbusters huh? Rokkon C_D. U duh V man.

if somethings going wrong, voltage whips it.
if the cream sits out to long, voltage whips it. (per, Devo).

by the buy, are you diggin the 38000 and 65000 rpm fans?

Last edited:
ALDAKOOPA, it only took about 60f in the garage to get it this cool.
what part of North Carolina are you in, i am in north georgia, we should not be to far apart.

I am digging anything that turns fast. But mama made you put the good water in the garage...what she going to do about those gazillion RPM fans? Hehehe. :clap:

I've got four 4k RPM 80mm case fans in my rig. If I have them running full bore the wife shoots me a look. So I run them about 3k RPM.

I have 18 6000 rpm deltas in push/pull on it and it has been banned from the house but, the howling was glorious!!!!! (I only bowed to her because the dog house has fleas).

ALDAKOOPA, it only took about 60f in the garage to get it this cool.
what part of North Carolina are you in, i am in north georgia, we should not be to far apart.

I live in eastern NC, right on the coast. I don't know what kind of cooling you're using, but I'm running the Hyper 212+. When I got mine to 4.8GHz, I was sitting in a 65F house and couldn't push any farther due to temps being right at 55C

I just talked to C_D and he told me he had just run 24 hours of P95 Blend on his FX-4170. Don't even ask what voltage he put to that little dumplin to run P95 Blend at 5.2Ghz for 24 hours straight. Hehehe. He is not a member of ASPCP. Nor a member of his neighborhood Be Kind to Processors small group.

I just talked to C_D and he told me he had just run 24 hours of P95 Blend on his FX-4170. Don't even ask what voltage he put to that little dumplin to run P95 Blend at 5.2Ghz for 24 hours straight. Hehehe. He is not a member of ASPCP. Nor a member of his neighborhood Be Kind to Processors small group.

lol Poor FX...

I think these FX chips cope with vcore a lot better than the older Deneb chips, I have run some high vcore on both chips and the fx seem to keep scaling but the Deneb's needed cold once they got to a certain point to scale more, and the FX seem a lot more robust taking 1.6v+ on air does not seem to cause regular catastrophic failure which was always a worry on phenom ii, I don't know what vcore caddi was laying into his 4700 to P95 it @5.2 but it must have been a fair bit as I have just run spi32m at 5.135 and that took 1.616v on air.

I think these FX chips cope with vcore a lot better than the older Deneb chips, I have run some high vcore on both chips and the fx seem to keep scaling but the Deneb's needed cold once they got to a certain point to scale more, and the FX seem a lot more robust taking 1.6v+ on air does not seem to cause regular catastrophic failure which was always a worry on phenom ii, I don't know what vcore caddi was laying into his 4700 to P95 it @5.2 but it must have been a fair bit as I have just run spi32m at 5.135 and that took 1.616v on air.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7375277&postcount=114

Good run up the hill Keny. I try to keep C_D from writing his Vcore numbers in the forum even, since often it is monkey see monkey do and b00m goes the weasel. Hehehe. He had gotten so hot in Georgia that he went FAR north of 1.612 Vcore. :clap: :bang head

RGone...ster.

at 5.2 i'd love to see some benchmark results

He is aware of your desire. I think he may fire it up again and run the 3 benches he and I have been focusing on. He was one tarred puppy after working on race car and petting 5.2Ghz for 24 hours. Hehehe.Think he has torn down and rebuilt 3 or 4 times since Christmas day. So he been humping it. In fact I think the 5.2Ghz was done on the AsRock FatalAttraction1 board. The board that was a pain to get going for the first 3 days. New bios finally 'would' flash and it picked up a good bit.

RGone...ster. :bang head into the sunrise.

Rgone, i may try the benchies but, today I have started something over the top stupid.
after we talked it popped into my head that this cold stuff is really good so, A customer of mine runs a big place that holds frozen stuff when it's waiting to go onto rail cars so i called him up real early to see if he could loan me some cold.
He is the freezer man and said he had just the place called a locker that is held at -20f so that is where the thing is right now just chillin out. I am using two power supplies one for the cooling system and another for the board and cpu. I am using the magic "blue" coolant and the 9x120 rad and fan set up with about 1 and 1/2 gallons of coolant. I am about to head over and fire the thing up and I will see what I get out of this.

Rgone, i may try the benchies but, today I have started something over the top stupid.
after we talked it popped into my head that this cold stuff is really good so, A customer of mine runs a big place that holds frozen stuff when it's waiting to go onto rail cars so i called him up real early to see if he could loan me some cold.
He is the freezer man and said he had just the place called a locker that is held at -20f so that is where the thing is right now just chillin out. I am using two power supplies one for the cooling system and another for the board and cpu. I am using the magic "blue" coolant and the 9x120 rad and fan set up with about 1 and 1/2 gallons of coolant. I am about to head over and fire the thing up and I will see what I get out of this.

Be carefull the board doesn't get too cold, as boards dont like the cold like a CPU does, but if the board runs ok then you should get some good results :thup:

Back